Recoil pad recommendations?

I have a Limbsaver slip on..... works on my 12 and 223......

wasn't the cheapest thing in the world, but works like a charm

Save me digging out a ruler, what size?

not sure, I took the gun to the gun-shop and found the one that fit.....

guess you'll have to find that ruler :haha:

I have a Limbsaver slip on..... works on my 12 and 223......

wasn't the cheapest thing in the world, but works like a charm

Large is what you need, already checked. :rolleyes:

Does the pad interfere with the bolt cycling at all - shortstroking, or am I overanalyzing the physics of all this.

If you want to reduce your felt recoil here is what you do, go to an industrial supply store, and buy one square foot of 1/4 inch rubber gasket material the solid rubber kind with no fiber material in it. Take a buffer like Blackjackbuffers sells, trace around it and cut it out. I use a 9mm shell casing to drill out the center. Install it in your gun it will last a few hundred rounds that is why you will want to make a bunch of them while your at it. This will not give you the reliablility problems that the hard store bought buffers pads will. This works and you will love it. Essentially you are makeing a rubber bolt carrier bumper for you gun. Give it a try.

Edited by topmaul
Pussy :haha:

if it don`t hurt it ain`t FUN :haha:

I use too think it was fun too till I made the huge mistake of leaning hard into a scoped .577 T-REX sitting down at a bench. It blew me out of the chair backwards 4 feet into a steel roof support post. Ended up with a partially detached retina, dislocated shoulder and broken cheek & collar bone. That was one mean motor scooter and changed my tolerance for recoil permanently. For you who enjoy massive recoil, I highly recommend shooting this beast standing up with plenty of clear space behind you. Don't even try and fight it. You WILL lose!! :eek:

Edited by jerrytofdallas
Pussy :haha:

if it don`t hurt it ain`t FUN :haha:

I use too think it was fun too till I made the huge mistake of leaning hard into a scoped .577 T-REX sitting down at a bench. It blew me out of the chair backwards 4 feet into a steel roof support post. Ended up with a partially detached retina, dislocated shoulder and broken cheek & collar bone. That was one mean motor scooter and changed my tolerance for recoil permanently. For you who enjoy massive recoil, I highly recommend shooting this beast standing up with plenty of clear space behind you. Don't even try and fight it. You WILL lose!! :eek:

That's some crazy shit in that video. That .577 round obviously has some serious recoil, but the bigger problem with that rifle is that it is clearly not well designed.