Underfolder on S12?

would it be possible? would it make sense lol

From what I've heard it's pretty hard to put an underfolder on any AK platform which doesn't already have one from the factory. I believe the receiver is different in the back.

I admit, though, I would want one if they were made.

I converted the wife's S-.410. For the .410 it is great, a lot of work but great. I do not believe the stock will hold up to an S-12. There are too many parts and pins to wear and get sloppy, and it just dosen't look strong enough.

If you do the underfolder you will need a reinforcement plate ( I made one ) and a complete trunion. You will also need a front latch. On the .410 I didn't need the front latch due to the fact that there is very little recoil.

You will also loose the sight mount because the two are incompatible. and some of the ritet holes in the underfolder trunnion will be 1/2 hole off from existing holes in the reciever.

Sounds good about the .410, I would be interested in that too as I just ordered one, by trade im a metal worker fabricator, right now Im in maint, fed job, so I weld, work with sheet metal of all guages and have access to everything needed equipment wise. Before years back I was also a machinist and have access now to a few brideports and a 18" lathe........ Can you post pics of your work on your wifes .410?

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD ! ! ! WHY WOULD YOU WANT ONE??? The Under Folder and the Romanian Wire stock are neck and neck for the worst designed stock ever put on an AK or just about any other rifle for that matter.

I could not picture trying to actually shoot a S12 with an Under Folder.

IPSC_GUY

Cobra tried it with an extension mount, might want to ask him but I don't see it pictured on any of his 12's. It's probably not going to clear the mag, or the sight rail on the side. It doesn't bother me much on my 7.62's, but on a S12-whoa! Unless it's to late to turn back, you might want to take some time to think it over, yes it would be unique, but in the end you might not be happy with the end results. To each his own :smoke: