DESERT EAGLE XIX MOUNTS???

Hey all, Just had to let everyone know I just got a Gold Desert Eagle XIX 44 Mag! In case you can't tell, I'm excited! I need some advise on something. I want to mount a green dot laser, I want a very low profile mount to use on the built in barrel scope mount or I need to attach a "Weaver-Pictinny type mount on the barrel or in front of the trigger guard. Does anyone have any experience in this area? I don't have any pictures right now but will get some posted soon.

Thanks All

NAM

I had a 44 DE when they first came out in 1986 or so. At the time there was a special scope rail that attached to the top of the barrel. I mounted a monster Helium Neon Laser ($500) on it. The thing was about the size of a 12 oz beer can and it would burn through a pair of 9 volt batteries in about 10 minutes.

It worked fine, but the novelty soon wore off.

Later, I had a DE in 440 CorBon mag. Both guns had numerous problems and I ended up selling them both.

Tony

I had a 44 DE when they first came out in 1986 or so. At the time there was a special scope rail that attached to the top of the barrel. I mounted a monster Helium Neon Laser ($500) on it. The thing was about the size of a 12 oz beer can and it would burn through a pair of 9 volt batteries in about 10 minutes.

It worked fine, but the novelty soon wore off.

Later, I had a DE in 440 CorBon mag. Both guns had numerous problems and I ended up selling them both.

Tony

Thanks Tony, I hope that's not the case here (selling it cause of problems), I have to admit I haven't fired it yet...I do wish it had a botton rail in front of the trigger guard though.

NAM

Hey all, Just had to let everyone know I just got a Gold Desert Eagle XIX 44 Mag! In case you can't tell, I'm excited! I need some advise on something. I want to mount a green dot laser, I want a very low profile mount to use on the built in barrel scope mount or I need to attach a "Weaver-Pictinny type mount on the barrel or in front of the trigger guard. Does anyone have any experience in this area? I don't have any pictures right now but will get some posted soon.

Thanks All

NAM

Here is one that mounts under the barrel in front of the trigger guard. They are a bit pricey though and only come in black.

http://www.nightvisionsales.com/product_in...cabca11c0876f84

Thanks All

NAM

Here is one that mounts under the barrel in front of the trigger guard. They are a bit pricey though and only come in black.

http://www.nightvisionsales.com/product_in...cabca11c0876f84

Thanks Gun Fanatic, I am looking for just a 1" mount. I have the laser but mounting it aside from using a scope ring is challenging.

NAM

Heres a mount i have on my Fifty..i cant remember who makes it as my memory has turned to mush :unsure: If this is something your interested in i can look around and see if i have the box it came in.The mounts very sturdy and wellmade.

DesertEagles.jpg

Thank you Pointer. I appreciate your time in sending your reply and picture of your beautiful Desert Eagle set, and yes I am interested in the mount and again appreciate your trouble in looking for your box. NAM

post-8607-1202738622_thumb.jpg

I couldnt find the box but i believe its a B square mount..Its a full length mount that allows the scope to sit farther back on the gun.I looked around the web and couldnt find any,im not sure there still making them.I did see Magnum Research has mounts simular but im not sure how they mount to the gun,might want to check it out.I think there a bit cheaper if you look around.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand.asp?ProductCode=DEP351B

Edited by Pointer

huh, anyone have a DE that hasn't had a problem? like tony said, i've had nothing but problems in my experiance with it, even rented a .44 deagle at a range, first shot jam, the range officer said its gonna be the 3rd time to repair it, and it was only 2 monthes old!!

Ive put around 500 rds thru the fifty ,its stovepiped a few times because of limp wristing.I tell anyone who shoots it to hold on firmly (DUH).But realy, once you become used to shooting it you tend to not grip it as firmly and let it ride as you fire,theres a lot of violent slide action/ejection going on there and the gun has to be held tightly....this is one of the biggest issues to blame for the bad press the Desert Eagle gets.I have a buddy thats shot his much more than i have mine and has had only the limp wrist issue.,and caseings getting wedged between the slide and scope..which can easyly be fixed if hed just get a lower mount or rings (Hes a cheap azz). Hes taken deer with his and even had his pic with the deer in one of Magnum Research's catalogs.(Pretty cool)Ive never shot my 44mag,the actions been banded since i bought it.Is was sent off to M.R. for a custom high polised finish ,even the mag is high polished.

I couldnt find the box but i believe its a B square mount..Its a full length mount that allows the scope to sit farther back on the gun.I looked around the web and couldnt find any,im not sure there still making them.I did see Magnum Research has mounts simular but im not sure how they mount to the gun,might want to check it out.I think there a bit cheaper if you look around.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand.asp?ProductCode=DEP351B

I found many a cheap mount for other models but not the XIX. Got a Beamshot trigger mount I won't even attempt, got a questionable rail mount on the way, and then I had to order the Magnum mount, if all else fails for $89.00 + shipping. I'm not sure I'll end up using any. Also got a set of nite sights on the way and I know I can't use them and a top rail laser! I'm gonna start a new thread cause I have no idea how to replace the sights if I end up going that route. Later Guys, NAM

huh, anyone have a DE that hasn't had a problem? like tony said, i've had nothing but problems in my experiance with it, even rented a .44 deagle at a range, first shot jam, the range officer said its gonna be the 3rd time to repair it, and it was only 2 monthes old!!

I've had a .44DE for about 16 years. It's gone through well over 1,000 rounds & I've just had to re-tighten the safety screws a few times when they finally shake loose.

Guess I'm in the minority of those who got a great one. This thread has reminded me that I'm likely going to need to replace the recoil springs soon though, since they're starting to look a little kinked.

Edited by DHunter

I've had a .44DE for about 16 years. It's gone through well over 1,000 rounds & I've just had to re-tighten the safety screws a few times when they finally shake loose.

Guess I'm in the minority of those who got a great one. This thread has reminded me that I'm likely going to need to replace the recoil springs soon though, since they're starting to look a little kinked.

Since I've not fired mine yet and I am looking at another to purchase, (don't ask, for some reason I have a thing about pairs when it comes to firearms. I think it's part of my BuyAGuntinitus disease and there is no cure!) Anyways, where was I...Oh yeah, I'm glad to hear a positive note as I am starting to question my sanity with all the negative comments I hear. NAM