Saiga joins the RRA AR-15

Hello

I justed picked up my Saiga 762 39 with the 20 inch barrel today. I purchased it through Stanley's Pro Shop out of GA. Ths shipping was a little slow but I guess when you order on-line it takes a few days. ( 7 total from order to arrival) The local FFL holders office was about 1 mile from my office so I picked it up during work.

I had started to order some parts for it but I think I will leave it as is for now & give it a nice 2-300 round test ride next weekend.

I will post a few pictures of the Saiga & its brother the RRA 15

I have enjoyed reading this forum so far & look forward to becoming a regular member.

Kevin C

1 ID 82-85 M60A1

3 AD 85-89 M1-IP & M1A1

Welcome Aboard Kevin! I know you're gonna Love your New baby...most of us here are, well, kinda addicted as you see...there's lots you can do later for upgrading, etc....

Oh, be sure to do a good cleaning before you go out the first time...also, I noticed my forearm and bbl got pretty hot when you fire it alot - that's why I slotted mine. (2-300 is no prob. - just take some breaks and I'd even swab the bbl w/ Hoppe's #9 every 50 rds. or so 1st time out) Good Luck!

Hello, KevinC

I'm picking up my RRA LAR-8 today from my FFL. 16" A4, one of the first to ship. I've already had offers to buy it from co-workers who didn't order 22 mos. ago like I did....It will fit well with my S-.308 as well.

Bet the price soars when they meet all of their backorder obligations!

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

Hello

I just finished cleaning my two rifles after a day at the range with my wife. It was her first time ever firing any type of weapon. So after 500 rounds down range (300- RRA AR-15 & 200 Saiga 762) the day was a success. I had a great time and my wife said she really enjoyed the day so maybe the rest of the evening will go well :devil:

Since this is the Saiga website I will talk about my experience with the Saiga.

The Saiga Galil style handguard from Tapco is pretty lame. The front retaining bracket came loose & slid down the barrel at least 10 different times. It did not matter how tight I screwed the top pin in place. So I will be going in a different direction with the handguards. I am pretty sure I will go with the Dinzag black handguards, new gas tube & the bolt on type lower retainer. I have not yet given Tapco a chance to respond too my handguard situation but I will do that tomarrow.

Next the sight mount that I bought off Amazon.com work fine but the attached scope was very weak. The brand is bariska & it keep spinning loose inside the ring mounts. The two locking mounts from the scope to the mount came loose twice. Next time out I will have the screws coated with teflon tape or something to keep them from backing off.

Now for the Saiga itself. For the most part I was very please with function of the rifle. 200 rounds of Wolf ammo fired with no problems. I guess big problem with the rifle is the function of the trigger which feels very soft and you are not sure when the rifle is going to fire causinng you to jerk your shots. The Saiga trigger compared to the RRA AR-15 two stage match trigger is no match at all & I did not expect it to be.

It was a lot fun to fire the Saiga 762 at the range & I look forward to going again in a few weeks. Now my wife & I did get a lot of questions about the AR-15 and the funny looking AK.

I will post a few pictures when I get to use the other computer.

Here are the next things I am going to do to my AK

forward handgrips, new trigger & flash supppressor.

Edited by Kevin C