I'm thinking about doing a bubba to a Yugo SKS and adding some neat new toys from Tapco while I can still get them.

They have a kit they sell that claims to have 8 compliance parts. How many do you need if you want to just change the stock to one of those "fusion" collapsing stocks with a PG and railed upper HG. They also have a muzzle brake that looks just like the GL threaded on all the Yugos, but has holes in it and uses the factory threads(I'm pretty sure...it says 14/1 RH).

It's been a long time since I played the parts game with an SKS. I remember back then it was not as easy as with an AK.

Exactly what do I need (how many parts replaced) and can the bayo legally stay if the weapon is modified? The aftermarket stocks can be ordered with the blade bayo notch so I'm hoping they haven't passed some ghey new law saying no to bayos on SKSs....

Also it would be cool to be able to keep the GL for launching tennis balls or golf balls. Can it stay if you convert the rifle?

I set my chinese up with US made Stock(x1), pistol grip(x1), hand guard(x1) (ATI folding stock is x3 parts), gas piston(x1), op-rod(x1), and mag (x3), * 8 total US parts. The bayonet wasn't added by me, it was on it already, but you have to have 1 more US part to counter that evil feature. If I was going to have the barrel threaded or add a flash hider, I'd need one more US part. So when adding a detachable mag, folding stock etc., the rule (I think) is SKS without bayo add 7 US parts, with bayo add 8 US parts, with threaded barrel 9 US parts. Thats the best I could figure on them.