Got Drum?

hey guys, looking at picks of that knoxx drum, i don't think it's a viable candidate for conversion! it's offset and i think those ridges or scallops or whatever they are on the outside are activated by the slide mechanism of the pump gun to rotate the drum and strip a shell into the chamber...

does anyone have one of these? am i off base?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally I think this is a sad, sad day now.   Obviously we now have a distinct division in the gun owners of America. On one hand we have the guys going:   "I bought a gun, I want to put what

Posted Images

Once it's broken beyond a certain point, generally speaking again, it is usually cheaper, easier, faster, and much less painful to replace the broken thing outright.

It still sounds like you are advicating an overthrow. Or do you think that we aren't to that point...yet?

I tell you what, I did some research on the Patriot Act, and the proposed sequel to it that got leaked. You can dissappear pretty quick now. There have been a couple (that I know of) that already have. They were declared "enemy combatants" by the President which is a nifty power granted during WWII to deal with holding captured Nazis in the US. You receive no trial, are accused of no real crime, and can be held until the "cessation of hostilities" which a Supreme Court Justice recently said could be an indeffinite period since our current war is a "war on terror." One of the US CITIZENS that they snatched up was put in a brig on a military base, he's been there for 2 years, no trial.

As for me, my commander was kind enough to remind me in a briefing on sedition and subversion that participation in a group advicating the overthrow of the gov by other than legal means is punishable by death, in a time a war. But at least I'd get a trial. :haha:

Really though, I'm not making fun of you, I'm just saying that when you keep talking about how bad things are and how we shouldn't have to avoid doing things that we have a right to (drum), suggest an alternative course of action.

Kysoldier,

Thou sayest it, I didn't tell you to overthrow the government. You came to that conclusion. Here is some more food for thought:

Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. It is a force, like fire: a dangerous servant and a terrible master. God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it. We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts -- not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.

As a soldier of this country I believe you have SWORN to uphold the Constitution, right?

Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.

Kysoldier,

Thou sayest it, I didn't tell you to overthrow the government. You came to that conclusion. Here is some more food for thought:

Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. It is a force, like fire: a dangerous servant and a terrible master. God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it. We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts -- not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.

As a soldier of this country I believe you have SWORN to uphold the Constitution, right?

Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.

Nothing to do with anything unfortunately. Shame we don't have an active moderator or two to keep things on topic--things like revolutionist armchair commandos hijacking a thread for a page or two. I'd love to extend it another page but it is apparent that certain individuals have a natural talent to rub everyone else the wrong way so I'll leave it at that.

Back to reality, it already appears that several companies/individuals are currently persuing new devices or conversions of existing systems. I'd give it a month or two before they come out with these.

Here is a lame attempt at being a "moderator"...

Risasi, stop bantering about "sin" and "killing babies" and all that shit and leave your religion behind you when you enter a room ABOUT DRUM MAGAZINES. Religion only clouds the mind and makes you biased. It also pisses a lot of people off. You did raise many valid points, but you do have the tinge of a religious fanatic about you (I am athiest, and I can smell you from a mile away).

Cesiumsponge, KYsoldier, inparidel, given, the room is merely entitled "got drum", but the guy who started it clearly set the subject at being technical speculation on making a drum. Obviously this will lead to the questions of "why" and "should you" and "what if's", but that is not the real stated subject of this thread. If you don't think it should be done, say so briefly and/or start another thread and leave this thread for the technical speculation.

Maybe this post might have an effect, maybe not, but I tried.

I think that is perfectly fine. In fact the only reason I posted in the first place is people jumping all over others for wanting to do what they are free to do.

As for religion/sin/baby killing; I acheived what I wanted. I said my piece. Obviously others do not want to see the world black and white like I do. And if you don't like my posts don't bait people.

For instance jesusplayedwithwood? That name alone of course will strike a cord. What are you trying to achieve by choosing such a name?

(BTW: Jesus didn't play with wood, He was about His Father's business)

Anyway, yes let's end this now. Or move it to JPWW's new thread. (Which I would prefer to drop it). Personally I think these posts should be cleaned up and moved to JPWW's thread. But obviously I don't know how to go about doing that.