Dimpled 16" if anyone wants it

I can't post on private seller, and i'm not the one selling this, i don't even know who they are but i was breezing through gunbroker and found a NIB dimbled 7.62, figured one of you guys should have it over someone else....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=92349692 :chris:

Does it have the third "Y" stamp?

I can't post on private seller, and i'm not the one selling this, i don't even know who they are but i was breezing through gunbroker and found a NIB dimbled 7.62, figured one of you guys should have it over someone else....

Does it have the third "Y" stamp?

It doesn't

Yes... it has the "Y" stamp. You can tell by the little vertical indention in the receiver (above the mag release) in the photo.

I think they used a stock photo and not one of the actual gun being sold.

Bastards! I had that happen before when I was looking for a dimpled Saiga .223. I made sure to check before I bid, and sure enough, it was a stock photo. The one they were actually selling didn't have the dimples... so beware.

Yes... it has the "Y" stamp. You can tell by the little vertical indention in the receiver (above the mag release) in the photo.

Bastards! I had that happen before when I was looking for a dimpled Saiga .223. I made sure to check before I bid, and sure enough, it was a stock photo. The one they were actually selling didn't have the dimples... so beware.

I bought the one shown. It has dimples but no Y stamp. Now if I could find both I could quite buying saigas :rolleyes:

The funny thing is last time I was at the range there was this father and son beside me with a new purchase. I was playing with my yugo underfolder build and notice they are trying to sight the gun in. So I go over there and its a dimpled y stamp x39. When I asked them where they got it they replied from the gun show yesterday! Curses!!!! Figures I decided to skip it since its all over priced junk these days.

I bought the one shown. It has dimples but no Y stamp. Now if I could find both I could quite buying saigas :rolleyes:

The funny thing is last time I was at the range there was this father and son beside me with a new purchase. I was playing with my yugo underfolder build and notice they are trying to sight the gun in. So I go over there and its a dimpled y stamp x39. When I asked them where they got it they replied from the gun show yesterday! Curses!!!! Figures I decided to skip it since its all over priced junk these days.

Chalk it up to murphays law. :cryss: I feel your pain.I went to the fun show a couple of weeks ago only in search of a Saiga and had every vendor who was selling them go through each box, they looked at me like I was nuts for asking. Neeedless to say not one dimpled 16 " in the bunch no less a 3rd"Y" One day we'll both get lucky good luck on your hunt

I have 4 which have been converted. As for unconverted, my supplier (RSRGroup) hasn't gotten any saiga in sock yet so we haven't gotten our next order in.

Girmper, I haven't forgotten you, But I can not say for sure that any in the next order will have dimples and the third Y until I have them in hand. So if you find one go for it.

As for our price we are in a catch 22. To lower our price we need to increase sales volume. to increase sales we need to find a wholesale supplier that has volume.

Our pricing formula is simple overhead divided by the number of guns we could get a hold of per month. we are currently only operating at about 1/5 capacity

http://www.vikingkittyarmory.com/firearms/VKA76239

IMG_0497.JPGIMG_0504.JPG

I'll bring one to the Saiga Florida Shoot out, so you can at least see that they exist.

yea, i been talking to my local supplier, they are becoming a pain to get in stock, got a shipment coming in march, but only a few at a time =(

Yeah, I am starting to think I should have bought a chopper rather than get in the gun trade as a hobby.

As for our price we are in a catch 22.

Leo, just to clarify, I wasn't complaining about your prices at all. I was talking about someone else with questionable pricing practices and unconverted guns. Thanks for being another saiga vendor.

As for our price we are in a catch 22.

Leo, just to clarify, I wasn't complaining about your prices at all. I was talking about someone else with questionable pricing practices and unconverted guns. Thanks for being another saiga vendor.

Thankyou

I see you didn't post that one till after it closed, I was hoping I was only one that found that!!! J/K

Oh well, went for more then I wanted to spend.

Call me sick. Ok I said I would stop once the holy grail was found:

SAIGA-IZ-132-Left.jpg

I see you didn't post that one till after it closed, I was hoping I was only one that found that!!! J/K

SAIGA-IZ-132-Left.jpg

Gunbroker has the 15 minute rule and I paid my pretty penny. It'd be like posting "here's the car of my dreams, maybe yall'd like to bid against me on it".

Edited by dyi

SAIGA-IZ-132-Left.jpg

Gunbroker has the 15 minute rule and I paid my pretty penny. It'd be like posting "here's the car of my dreams, maybe yall'd like to bid against me on it".

Nice score man. Keep us posted as it gets worked on

Now I have to decide what to do with it!!! :cryss:

I have the following:

Three piece Russian AKM wood and sidefolding stock for a khyber pass build

Three piece Russian AKM wood and Izhevsk AKM grip

Izhevsk AKM gas block, front site, rear leaf

So a full stock or khyber pass baby?

I also have a non-Y dimpled 762.

What would you build the Y gun as?

• 4 weeks later...

Hope this isn't against the rules for me to mention this, but since the thread was already started I thought I'd just update it incase anyone needs a dimpled Saiga:

Dimpled Saiga available

-thanks

Thirtycal