Anyone know of any or if someone does conversions of such? I wonder why Saiga or any of the other companies don't make any. I'm sure they'd sell like hotcakes like all the AR and HK types. Look at how those POS Kel-Tecs or HighPoints sell!

The Izhmash factory has a nice prototype Krinkov in 9mm... in English it is called "Knight"

Here's a picture of it:

457131213944ik7.jpg

Now if they would make a semi-auto carbine version of it, I'd make sure that I could get one.

Yes it could come to us looking like we are used to how the Saiga being imported, but we know how to get around the PC issue, we just remove some of the parts and replace with appropriate parts.

Nice piece MD!! That's just what I'm looking for!! I wonder what mags it takes? I'm certain their isn't any in the US that could be modified. Every subgun mag is an insert type ,not a rock back/AK type. Except maybe PPS-43's and late model Madsens.

I'd buy at least two right now without even blinking!

Edited by NY-proletariat

Well there are some similar rifles that were built by some guys on the other AK forums, they do use the "43" magwell.

Too bad a krink kit costs so much otherwise that would be the way to go.

I think the Knight would be a good seller here for Police forces looking for a subgun other than a MP5...

Well there are some similar rifles that were built by some guys on the other AK forums, they do use the "43" magwell.

I think the Knight would be a good seller here for Police forces looking for a subgun other than a MP5...

Edit: I misread your original post.

Edited by madmilo

Hello everyone;

I am a big fan of pistol cal. carbines.

I have an M-16 in 9mm with an AWC suppressor. i love it.

i am building a (SBR) FAL in 9mm, it uses a Sumi drum or stick mags.

that Knight makes me want one.

Mp5 mags are rock and lock type mags.

I don't think many Police would go for a Knight in pistol cal.

Most Departments are giving up there Mp5's in favor of an M-4 in 5.56.

Why did you start this? I have too many projects already. Oh well you have caused the monster to be loosed. Guess i will start getting parts together to build a AK in pistol cal. Damn i am such a slave to my Addiction. LOL

Edit: I misread your original post.

I guess I missed the party.. LOL

Hey maybe you could leave some input on the subgun choices...

I know you and some of the guys you work with have Saiga rifles for work... you think you guys would use a krink in .223 or 9mm if offered them ??

Thanks

Edited by MD_Willington

I wonder how we could get Siaga to start making these for import to us addicts? You'd think the company would assign someone to read this forum to keep up with customer demands rather than rely on some stupid gun rag marketing survey! This is where their products are bought and tested and cherished. I wonder if the forum operators have any contact with the manufacturers like the competing forums do? Maybe we should ask the forum operators to get some kind of industry page so we consumers can give them feed back on their products. This would be good business for Siaga and great for the consumer. But then, what do I know?

law states you CANNOT make a pistol from a rifle, once the receiver has been mated to a buttstock of a rifle, thats it, game over. You must have a virgin receiver to start a pistol build, even then its better to be safe and have the receiver marked "pistol" on it, be careful on doing a build, it'll get you into trouble quick if you mess it up

EX: http://spikestactical.com/catalog/product_...;products_id=51

thats marked pistol on the receiver

Edited by Vultite