Saiga12 w/Romanian Sidefolder.....

I'm wondering about the cheek weld with this setup. I have standard 109 sights, I might go HK sights in the future, and it seems as if the weld is a bit off or would be awkward.

I've never fired an AK with a Romanian sidefoler either so no reference there.

I like the look of the Romanian and the price is better than the Ace setup. So give me some feedback please.

Thanks in advance!

There wasn't a cheek weld when I had that sidefolder my x39. I put an ACE system on my S-12 the sight picture is much better.

If you're just looking to save a few bucks, don't go with the Romy, go with the ACE its money well spent

Edited by scoutjoe
My searching for stocks has me wondering why I haven't found a single Saiga with an underfold. Am I missing some obvious reason?

Thanks,

'Bucket

Because to add an underfolder to a Saiga will easily triple the price of it.

"Because to add an underfolder to a Saiga will easily triple the price of it."

I don't see how you come up with that.

This:

Underfold Stock

-Cut off the tang.

-Weld a plate to cover the opening in the rear of the receiver

-Drill/cut neccesary underfold holes

-Swear at underfold stock assembly while installing

There may be a bit of craftiness to be done to make it work, but from what I've seen here so far, that's no obstacle really.

I'm just thinking "out loud" here....

Edited by LiLBucket
Underfolder on S12= shoulder replacement and most likely won't clear the mag even in the event that

you removed the side rail optics mount that it won't clear either. Mostly not used due to better options.

Ya, recoil would be a bit more rough! :unsure:

I did overlook the optic mount, but that can be removed or the swing arm modified. Clearing the mag I don't think is an issue though as a 762 doesn't clear it either.

I've got an underfold assembly and I'm tempted to try this now, but cutting the underfold holes is a HUGE commitment :cryss:

The Yugo underfolder is perfect on the wife's S-.410. I would suck mucho on a 12ga. Too much recoil for the stock. There is a raised scope mount that will work, cutting the stock is like like cutting lightening holes in a bucket. It don't make sense.