Where are those shells goin!

Hey I was wondering just how far an ejected shell goes, because I have shot about 100 shots from the same position and I would have thought there would be a pile of these things somewhere! I have looked almost everywhere, these things don't desinagrate do they?

Thanks for the help

look about fifteen to twenty feet to your 2 oclock to 5 oclock. Thats where my SAR1's casings fly to, and although it is not the same round or make of gun as yours, it should be close to the same area.

• 1 month later...

IF YOUR SHOOTING WOLF IN THE WOODS...the shells do disapear i was trying to find one today while i was out shooting and i couldnt see where they were going to i turned the gun on its side and shot it so the shell went up and i saw where it came down but when i walked over there and looked for it it was gone..i wanted to see if my saiga does the odd thing to the neck of the shells....try turning your gun so the shells will fly down and let a couple go then they should be right around your feet...

If your shooting steel cased Russian ammo, take a decent powered magnet mounted on the end of a dowel or broom handle, and sweep the ground where you think they went. or where you saw one fly to. You will be surprised at how many can be bunched up together and you wouldn't see them. Wolf really hides well, especially in a wooded area.