Tromix/MississippiArms Stock adaptor won't fit

Anyone out there have any experience using this brand stock adaptor b4? I already cut the tang off the receiver but now the bottom section of the adaptor where it is skinniest (the first part to go into the receiver) catches on the plate/rivet holding the mount. To explain further, there's two rivets on identical sides, one on the left holding the mount on and another rivet directly across from it on the right side of the receiver and both of these points catch the stock adaptor. I guess dremeling down the adaptor would be the easiest solution but I was under the impression that these stock adaptors were made specifically for saiga and wouldn't need modding, but perhaps I misread. Thanks!

The Ace AR/modstock adapter is supposed to be tight. Better to manufacture them oversize and require a little filing, than to make them underside and end up with a stock that wiggles around. Besides, one part has to work with a WIDE tolerance of stamped AK receivers. Receiver flats can vary from 1.0mm to 1.6mm thick, plus the internal dimensions will vary even more with variations in how the flat is bent and where the rivets end up.

Gradually file down the adapter with a flat bastard file, keeping it even on both sides. It's easier to do by hand than with a mill, since you won't need to remove much material and it's a trial and error process. Keep a slight taper to the flats as you file them, so it gets tighter the further you insert the adaper block. Blow off the filings and test fit in receiver. If it's still too tight, file it some more. When the adapter block snugs in tight with about a quarter inch left to go, you're done filing. Smack it with a mallet to seat it the rest of the way, and the rivets will peen themselves a nice snug interference with the freshly filed adapter flats.

Edited by aresv

Thanks guys, it all makes sense to me now, the entire time I was wondering "What the hell is gonna hold this adaptor in place anyways" because there's no screws that hold it in place save the groove where the top screw could go, but even that one wouldn't appear to really hold it in place that well. Cool, glad I checked with you guys before dremeling it down too much. Cheerio. ^_^