Favored G kits...

i was wondering which years are more favorable and why. ill be taking pictures and posting them for your entertainment, they are the centerfire "B" kits. they seem to be in pretty good condition with slight rust...nothing a little elbow grease cant take care of!

Anything pre-89 is fine.

The older the better (the Romanians lost a lot of their long term craftsmen over time).

After the 1989 Revolution, all the craftsmen were purged and the quality dropped.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIM_(rifle)

Marked with a big red "G" on the rear sight block to denote a Romanian Guards rifle. If you were a man, woman or child who could walk, there was a Guards rifle waiting for you when the big bad enemy of the state rolled through (the Romanians made a lot of these).

Edited by nalioth

I have seen more nice Romy kits then any other AK kit. As has been stated, the older the better. My two 79's appear almost unfired. They must not have been allocated much practice ammo over there!

the ones iv got from the 80's seem to be a little less pitted...not that its very much but you can tell upon close inspection.i figure that some Duracoat will cover it up enough that you cant really see it much.

Use "Durafill" surface filler first.

• 7 months later...
the ones iv got from the 80's seem to be a little less pitted...not that its very much but you can tell upon close inspection.i figure that some Duracoat will cover it up enough that you cant really see it much.

Use "Durafill" surface filler first.

Is it the first 4 in the serial that denoted the age?? If so my century is a 1971 and my G is a 1984. Both barrels have very clean bores.Ex cond. just a lot of surface wear.