This nice setup from CAA seems solid, but i'm wondering if it need anything grinding or "fitting" for the saiga, and is the angle correct? anyone here have this for referrance? If this is already covered i'm sorry, mods can remove this :ph34r:

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_in...ducts_id=101178

Edited by Vultite

That is the wrong picture for that description. I's call / e-mail them and verify. If that is the correct picture, part of the adjustment mechanism is missing. IF you look at the "slot" below the cheek rest, that should have a dial in it like the butt pad. The cheek rest is supposed to be adjustable. I understood that CAA had problems w/ the stock pictured and they stopped making it. The description should go with the VLTOR-type stock.

All stocks will probably require a little fitting for a perfect fit. Easilly done w/ a hand file or a dremmel.

Edited by Ax-Man

I have that same stock on my S12. Ax-Man is right -- they are made in Israel and do not count as a 922R part. THey are a straight drop in though - no work at all required. They are also extremely comfortable and solid. It's worth the extra effort (in my opinion) to find another trade off part (like the gas piston) in order to keep the CAA stock.

Jim

I have the stock tube. Very well made in Israel. It uses "commercial" diameter stocks. I'm not counting on it for compliance, but tube made in Israel+stock made in US=??? Fits and points well, but I'm not sure there aren't better stock options than AR stocks on a S12. I'll have to get some shot time in on this one before I decide.

post-1866-1205800582_thumb.jpg

I have the stock tube. Very well made in Israel. It uses "commercial" diameter stocks. I'm not counting on it for compliance, but tube made in Israel+stock made in US=??? Fits and points well, but I'm not sure there aren't better stock options than AR stocks on a S12. I'll have to get some shot time in on this one before I decide.

:wub: nice looker

I'm kind of done with looks on this one, kind of changed gears looking for performance. The Drum was a loner from C&S Metal-wish it were mine -sniff ):

I actually picked up the tube because a a 16oz mercury tube fits inside it perfect. It makes the gun ballance well, but I duffed the experiment to see if it actually reduces recoil. Good news is that the weather is starting to turn, so I can burn some rounds and try some stuff.

Something to think about, if the CAA isn't for you because of the 922r deal, I can't remember off the top of my head, but Magpul, or one of the other big name players in the U.S. makes another nice aluminum tube for the AK that you can pick the stock of your choice for and it's in the same general price range.