FCG swap done have some trouble HELP

OK got the FCG swap done but I am having some BIG troubles. The hammer is sliding to right and this is causing it to barley catch the trigger when cocked back and also when it fires it is hiting the firing pin way to one side. is there so mutch space because I took out the factory BHO? It seems like it needs a washer just like Dinzags trigger has on it??

2. Now when I pull the slide back to chamber the gun my bolt is dragging and catching on the top of the hammer it seems like some material should be taken off. I pin pointed what was causing the catching by when you cock it, it drags and catches a little but if you hold the trigger and keep cocking the slide back and forth it does not catch/drag hardly at all because when you hold the trigger while pulling the slide it holds the hammer down just a little more. PLEASE HELP sorry if bad spelling it is 2 am and I wanted to shoot in the morning

2. Now when I pull the slide back to chamber the gun my bolt is dragging and catching on the top of the hammer it seems like some material should be taken off. I pin pointed what was causing the catching by when you cock it, it drags and catches a little but if you hold the trigger and keep cocking the slide back and forth it does not catch/drag hardly at all because when you hold the trigger while pulling the slide it holds the hammer down just a little more.
This is quite common with brand new G2 FCGs. If you pull the charging handle completely to the rear and let if loose (iow, you don't let if forward slowly), it should fully return to battery.

After you shoot it, it will break in.

Conversely, you can shoot it at the range and when you come home, use a fine polish where you see the wear marks on the hammer face.

2. Now when I pull the slide back to chamber the gun my bolt is dragging and catching on the top of the hammer it seems like some material should be taken off. I pin pointed what was causing the catching by when you cock it, it drags and catches a little but if you hold the trigger and keep cocking the slide back and forth it does not catch/drag hardly at all because when you hold the trigger while pulling the slide it holds the hammer down just a little more.
This is quite common with brand new G2 FCGs. If you pull the charging handle completely to the rear and let if loose (iow, you don't let if forward slowly), it should fully return to battery.

After you shoot it, it will break in.

Conversely, you can shoot it at the range and when you come home, use a fine polish where you see the wear marks on the hammer face.

What about the hammer sliding off center can I put a washer in to take up the space?? What Kind of polish?

The front hand gaurds I bought do not fit my saiga the barrel is to big around. What are the other types of AK in 308 caliber. I need to know so I can look at different furniture options

While there is a little slop in the side to side of the FCG, it didn't affect mine at all.

As to the polishing - I took my Dremel tool and ground down the front part of the hammer down where the bolt/carrier drags across it - that is the point of contact. I did this w/o even taking the hammer off - just gound a little then checked it - gound alittle more and then put a good lub on it and fired to smooth it out. Worked fine.

Be careful not to get hasty and grind too much off at one time...just a little.

WHen I did my first conversion - I had to read and re-read things on the forum, assemble and re-assemble to get things right - it can be alittle frustrating the first time - but be patient and you'll be very happy with the final product.

What about the hammer sliding off center can I put a washer in to take up the space?? What Kind of polish?

The front hand gaurds I bought do not fit my saiga the barrel is to big around. What are the other types of AK in 308 caliber. I need to know so I can look at different furniture options

I slapped a military ak trigger in mine and the bolt drags across the hammer as well, its frustrating as hell, but with a dremel and alittle bit at a time itll polish right up.

Specifically about the handguard- mine has been an absolute pain as well. I bought a synthetic saiga handguard and it was stubborn as hell to get on my rifle when i replaced the factory wood stock. I took a dremel to it and kept at it and beat it to death, and am content with where it is now. if you got a factory synthetic saiga stock just take alot of the plastic off and beat on it until it caves under your stalinist will.

That was a FCG he got from me, and he contacted me by email. :up:

The hammer has been milled to clear the BHO lever, so the lever needs to be in there or I can swap it out for a non narrowed hammer.

A washer will work too, but might be sort of tricky to get up there. That is why the hammer is moving off center.

The entire FCG has also been polished already. Then refinished.