Tubbs Final Finish Bullets(question)

Anyone out there try Tubbs Final Finish Bullets for their .308 ? What kind of results before & after accuracy wise. I just picked up my .308 with 16" barrel and skeleton stock and I'm thinking about buying them to condition the barrel before I start shooting it and would like to know if they are worth getting.

Your Saiga isn't a match rifle. It has a chrome lined bore. It is made for "minute-of-man" at 200 yards on average.

If you want appreciable accurcacy, you'd be better off with a bolt gun or AR design.

I honestly don't think you'll see much (if any) difference after your 'magic bullets'.

Your Saiga isn't a match rifle. It has a chrome lined bore. It is made for "minute-of-man" at 200 yards on average.

If you want appreciable accurcacy, you'd be better off with a bolt gun or AR design.

I honestly don't think you'll see much (if any) difference after your 'magic bullets'.

I'd have to disagree. The 'magic bullets' are going to help rough bores most, and it's pretty clear with a look down a Saiga barrel that it's fairly rough. I've seen hundreds of reports praising the product, never have I seen a negative from somebody who actually tried it. There have been plenty of closely measured tests showing significant before/after improvement in both accuracy and velocity.

My Saiga .308 can get pretty close to MOA right now with good ammo. And since I reload trying the final finish is cheap. I plan on loading some up soon and giving it a try. Sure other guns will be more accurate, but what's wrong with trying to make a Saiga as accurate as possible?

I agree ,it's not a bolt rifle but I would still like it to be as accurate as possible. Slug guns aren't bolt guns either but the 2 I own a 12ga Mossberg 695 and a 20ga H&R Ultra Slug Hunter I am able to do 1" or better at 100yds along with my black powder and the rest of the guns I own. It doesn't hurt to try, and because Saiga's are new to me I'd ask people with more experience with them. So, let's hear it people what have you done to make yours more accurate.

Stay away from tubbs final finish. The problem with any of the fire forming techniques is that they disproportionately wear the throat of the barrel vs the rest of it. The throat is the first part of your barrel that will wear out anyway so all you are doing is taking a couple thousand rounds of wear on of your rifle for the very small possibility that it will give you tighter groups. It's chrome lined anyway so I doubt that the magic bullets will do anything except wear down your throat prematurely.

If you're really that concerned about the rough barrel then take it to a gunsmith and get it hand lapped (or hand lap it yourself). However, again, given it's chromed, and an AK, most gunsmiths will just give you a wierd look then take your money anyway.

Just think about it, with any normal bullet the bullet is first stopped after ignition at the lands (yes, I said stopped), then disformed into the grooves and lands of the barrel at the throat, then it gains velocity as it slides through the barrel. Which part will get the most wear.... that's right, the part that really needs it the least and wears the fastest anyway...