Tromix .30 Rifle Shark Brake

• 3 weeks later...

We have the.30 cal rifle sharks in stock http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/index.p...amp;cPath=25_37

Are there any plans to make the .30Cal rifle shark brakes avaiable again? The S-12 shark brake is just so wickedly awesome I can't imagine building a Saiga AK without one of these on it!
  • 2 weeks later...

Norty, it's supposed to go with the 2 holes straight up and the gill slots to either side. FYI.

You can stack washers, use peel washers or spring washers to accomplish this.

Edited by BobAsh
Norty, it's supposed to go with the 2 holes straight up and the gill slots to either side. FYI.

You can stack washers, use peel washers or spring washers to accomplish this.

Thanks, I tried putting on a couple times & thought the same thing. I pick up some washers today. Should I use some locktite on the threads?

You can just use locktite with no washer at all if you want. Chances are you won't get the barrel hot enough to break it loose.

An AR-10 peel washer it probably a better choice though. DPMS sells them.

Tony

Got those peel washers & they were definately the way to go...Thanks

wow. i've forgotten just how brutal those rifle cal shark breaks look!

They dont just look brutal. Pix do no justice for these bad boys. No need for a Bayonet when you got this Mid Evil device.

• 2 weeks later...
Will this brake fit on the S-308? Doesn't seem to be much real estate up there for threads. Do you just move the FSB back?

7-15-07_saiga308.jpg

I suggest 5/8-24 threads for a S308. You don't have to turn down the barrel for it, and you can use a lot of different muzzle devices.

There is a Tromix brake in that pitch, so no loss there. PWS makes a good brake/FH in that pitch as well. It suppresses flash slightly, but the brake works good.

I haven't tried the tromix brake yet, but I will probably put one on my 16inch s308 when I get around to threading the barrel.