Saiga Conversion

Hey Guys, I have an S12 on order from Center Fire and while I wait I want to find out some info. I am searching... but I figured I Would post as well.

I keep reading that people are sending their weapons out to be converted. Is this such a process that most people just cant handle? I notice that Tromex does some other things different from slapping in parts, however what is wrong with taking your stock S12 and just bolting on some parts to make it look better? As far as I can tell it wont be too hard to adopt some standard parts to the Gun while staying in the 922 rules.

Am I missing something where these guns need to be sent out to be converted?

I am going to try the conversion, but I keep going back and forth about doing it or having it done. I think with the new (out soon I hope) trigger guard I will be OK. The big challenges for me are drilling out the rivets and trigger plate and the idea of cutting a hole for the pistol grip. I have no welding experiance and am able to cross thread a light bulb. However with all the help from this site I will be fine.

The conversion is not hard as long as you are not cutting the barrel or removing the rear trunnion. I did mine and I'm no expert.

P1040945.jpg

Just read a lot & take your time. Make sure you have the right tools to do the job. - It's not hard.

The conversion is not hard as long as you are not cutting the barrel or removing the rear trunnion. I did mine and I'm no expert.

P1040945.jpg

Just read a lot & take your time. Make sure you have the right tools to do the job. - It's not hard.

Right but what does it entail? I would like to just change the stock, grip, fore and brake. Also 10 round mags would be nice.

P1040945.jpg

Right but what does it entail? I would like to just change the stock, grip, fore and brake. Also 10 round mags would be nice.

You could take a look at the build for mine here.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=21197

If you have any specific questions pm me and I'll try to walk you through it.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...0&hl=tromix

Will make it easy as hell

If you can't drill look for a local gunsmith (AK47)smith would be nice have them take it apart for you.

The rest is easy for all most anyone. spend a little more for Tromix FCG if you don't want to grind Anything.

Or get on a long list and pay for shipping and transfer fees at gun shop.

post-9601-1206674808_thumb.jpg

I did my own, and then did a Saiga 7.62x39 rifle for a friend. Both went well, but I have my own mill, welder (TIG), and lathe.

Not to mention that I've flat wore out 2 Dremel tools, as I've been using them since I was 13. I'm 41 now.