Recoil pad options

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent recoil pad for my Tromix stock on my 7.62 and my thumb hole stock for my 308. Call me a wimp, but man my shoulder starts to hurt after a couple hundred rounds. Thanks in advance!

This one might work. The AR15 boys like em. ;)

post-7838-1208782173_thumb.jpg

I was afraid I was gonna get one of those suggestions from you guys! I will check with the girlfriend and see if she has the thicker ones for heavy flow days. LOL

Edited by Bobriden1

I ordered one for my original Saiga stock and it was no where near going to fit, I was hopeful that it would fit the KVAR stock that I just ordered since that thing is rediculously short but the screw holes are no where near matching...

Realistically if the stock lined up a bit better I wouldn't need the pad, but as is it slips out of the crook of my shoulder onto the edge of my bicep and creates some pretty good bruising after just a couple hundred rounds... Hopefully after I complete converting it things will be a bit better, if not I'll have couple stocks for sale real soon...

i saw one (Bulgarian) and it looked more like something a dominatrix would wear, it was leather and had a huge buckle on it....it looks like it would be bothersome plus it didn't look like it would do much (for the recoil)

if you want a gun pad... check your local Gander Mountain or Bass Pro, i've seen them there and im sure after a little moding you might be able to get it to fit,tho it might fit the factory stock just fine?? shrugs.... yeah thats all i got. :bag:

i saw one (Bulgarian) and it looked more like something a dominatrix would wear, it was leather and had a huge buckle on it....it looks like it would be bothersome plus it didn't look like it would do much (for the recoil)

if you want a gun pad... check your local Gander Mountain or Bass Pro, i've seen them there and im sure after a little moding you might be able to get it to fit,tho it might fit the factory stock just fine?? shrugs.... yeah thats all i got. :bag:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I kinda like the dominatrix idea. Not for the gun I suppose though. But maybe if... Oh never mind! :devil:

I will check my local sporting goods store and see what they have. Thanks for the interesting ideas everyone! I think I am gonna like this place! :super:

• 3 months later...
I ordered one for my original Saiga stock and it was no where near going to fit, I was hopeful that it would fit the KVAR stock that I just ordered since that thing is rediculously short but the screw holes are no where near matching...

Realistically if the stock lined up a bit better I wouldn't need the pad, but as is it slips out of the crook of my shoulder onto the edge of my bicep and creates some pretty good bruising after just a couple hundred rounds... Hopefully after I complete converting it things will be a bit better, if not I'll have couple stocks for sale real soon...

I have one of the "skeleton" stocks with a hard metal plate that slipped around on my shoulder.

As luck would have it, I found a piece of hard rubber 1/4" thick with sticky on one side. I put that on and trimmed it on my grinding wheel and presto, It works beautifully.

No more sliding and it softens the shock just enough to make it tolerable.......

Dont know where I got the rubber though, one of the places I worked!

post-11732-1219328339_thumb.jpg

post-11732-1219328374_thumb.jpg

post-11732-1219328542_thumb.jpg