LOOKING FOR A SLIP ON FLASH HIDER

Im looking for an EASY to INSTALL flash hider or muzzle break for my S308. I dont have any equipment or technical know how to do any gunsmithing magic. So Im hoping theres a pin on type or some other idiot proof type.

WHATS AVAILABLE?

If you do a pin on, you will have to get it welded on. Someone here posted that the pin-on quickly becomes a pin-off.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a large market for a pin on 308 muzzle brake.

I don't know if the holes for the pins are consistent enough for it to work, but IIRC there are pin on front sights for the Mini-14 rifles where you push out the pin in the front sight slide on the flash hider, and then insert a longer pin to retain both of them. That might be an option.

There is a large market for a pin on 308 muzzle brake.

I don't know if the holes for the pins are consistent enough for it to work, but IIRC there are pin on front sights for the Mini-14 rifles where you push out the pin in the front sight slide on the flash hider, and then insert a longer pin to retain both of them. That might be an option.

Thats the problem, which ones will line up correctly. I dont mind looking buying one for a different rifle, but which rifle interchanges with the Saiga? I see lots of different styles that I like but Ive always hesitated because no one could say if it fits a different gun..........

Any ideas would help. Thanks for the suggestions so far

Im looking for an EASY to INSTALL flash hider or muzzle break for my S308. I dont have any equipment or technical know how to do any gunsmithing magic. So Im hoping theres a pin on type or some other idiot proof type.

WHATS AVAILABLE?

Check DINZAG,he is on this site , he'll,l hook you up

post-7628-1210372919_thumb.jpg

post-7628-1210372982_thumb.jpg

WHATS AVAILABLE?

Yep, he has a (Discreet) setscrew-mount AK-74 brake for the .308. AWESOME recoil reduction. Mine has not come off, just make sure and drill some indents where the screws will grab. www.dinzagarms.com

308complete.jpg

WHATS AVAILABLE?

Yep, he has a (Discreet) setscrew-mount AK-74 brake for the .308. AWESOME recoil reduction. Mine has not come off, just make sure and drill some indents where the screws will grab. www.dinzagarms.com

308complete.jpg

that looks like a screw on one.

It is a pin on? do you have any closer pictures of it?

Thanks

Hi Reoiv,

It is a slip-on, setscrew mount. When I ordered it, I measured the O.D. of the barrel where it would mount, and Dinzag reamed it out to fit. He got it pretty close, I had to hog her out a little more. The fit was tight enough that it had to be pressed on, (Coulda used a hammer) so the setscrews were really quite unnecessary. I still pulled the setscrews out, and drilled little indents in the two spots where the setscrews would grab. For the first few months, I put a torque stripe (slippage mark) across the barrel, fsb, and brake, just to make sure there wasn't an undetectable amount of movement. After a few hundred rounds, it was clear that it wasn't going anywhere. The second pic shows the location of the setscrews, on the underside.

DSCN1443.jpg

DSCN1444.jpg