Are Saiga's getting this expensive??

That's exactly why I don't care much for auction items. The seller usually makes out like a bandit as people have this I got to have it now attitude and will keep out bidding the other guy just to say they won the bidding war. It's great for the seller I guess but what I have seen lately is the few Saigas that are out there are being put up on auction to see if they sell that way first. Now don't get me wrong I have bid on items before but I always set a limit as to what I'm willing to pay and I will not go higher. I have seen many times items sell used for more than they cost brand new, but again that is just the stupidity of the buyer. theDuke

look at it this way, with the newer kits coming into the country with a chopped barrel, a Saiga is a good "kit" gun to get, very little work involved as we know to make it look like the real deal... I'm expecting the prices to take off quite a bit.

I just sent a message asking exactly how many rifles you get for the buy it now price.

Edit to add, just got a response from the seller. Here it is.

you only get one. i have only one left and i dont really want to sell it so i put the price high to keep the auction going until i get more in stock

Edited by taurussvt
That's really not much, saigas in this part of the world are nearing the $2500 mark, thats what new in box military SVD's go for over here!

Dude, I'll being mine along to pay for the vacation!

They're still 299 in texas!

NOBODY wins at an auction, regardless of what EBAY says!

That's really not much, saigas in this part of the world are nearing the $2500 mark, thats what new in box military SVD's go for over here!

Holy Cow!!! $2,500???? Where in the world are you?

Well not THAT nearing, i think they're at 1700+import costs right now. I live in Hungary. Some things cost more here, but other things go for ridiculously less so i don't complain :)

Can you not get the "Hungarian" made AK's? (Wasn't Hungary a source country?) Are do the local laws forbid it?

Would love to wander around the countryside there.

Sadly, only the SA-85M is available here. All the old military hungarian AK's went to some hellhole like africa and afghanistan, or as parts kits to the USA. Since full autos aren't allowed here and nobody started up a business to convert them to semi-auto, all we can do is buy deact. or go through the hassle of reimporting a kit-built somewhere. Or buy a SA-85M and a deact. of choise, like an AMD, and build the two together to end up with some frankenstein gun. But at least that's still fully hungarian.

Edited by Agias
Can you not get the "Hungarian" made AK's? (Wasn't Hungary a source country?) Are do the local laws forbid it?

Would love to wander around the countryside there.

Sadly, only the SA-85M is available here. All the old military hungarian AK's went to some hellhole like africa and afghanistan, or as parts kits to the USA. Since full autos aren't allowed here and nobody started up a business to convert them to semi-auto, all we can do is buy deact. or go through the hassle of reimporting a kit-built somewhere. Or buy a SA-85M and a deact. of choise, like an AMD, and build the two together to end up with some frankenstein gun. But at least that's still fully hungarian.

Thats a depressing thought that there is some 8 year old in Africa carrying one of these. But I'm sure thats where they end up.

If only we could use drug dealers for range fodder.

Dunno, might be best to "frank" one though, knowing that it was home grown.