Using a screw instead of a bullet guide?

Hi guys,

Since i live in PRK, i recently acquired three 10 rnd magazines made for the AK. I have 2 Saiga mags but I was reading through Dinzagarms and noticed that on one of the instructions for modifying AK mags, the use of a screw can help instead of a bullet guide. My question is...where on earth do i install this? Can someone please provide pics? Do i put this on the magazine itself?

Hi guys,

Since i live in PRK, i recently acquired three 10 rnd magazines made for the AK. I have 2 Saiga mags but I was reading through Dinzagarms and noticed that on one of the instructions for modifying AK mags, the use of a screw can help instead of a bullet guide. My question is...where on earth do i install this? Can someone please provide pics? Do i put this on the magazine itself?

Yes, you screw it in the front lip of the magazine.

Object being to 'raise the rim' ( to act as a feed ramp ).

So i screw it horizontally straight, or do i need to have it in a certain position? Also what size of a screw? Do i simply drill and put in screw or drill and tap?
Not living in the PRK, I only know the theory and not the practice.

I'm sure there are threads here covering this ( but don't know any right off hand ).

lithium and Indy did this, post is buried in the tech section

well I've seen pictures of it.. but I cannot find it.. I just spent the last few minutes looking for ya

Edited by MD_Willington

yuppers... thats the post... It DOES work... Although I had some trouble with the screws coming loose and falling out... If you do that, and can hit it with a quick tack weld... you are in total business! :up:

:smoke: