I just want to toss this out there for consideration. While doing the pg conversion on my 410 I have had all kinds of ideas about changing or adding this and that. The popular trend seems to be to deck it out with everything you can fit on there from rails, lights, optics, mag clamps, & shell caddies to vertical front grips and every kind of stock option. Dont' get me wrong I think all this stuff looks cool as hell and it's really cool seeing how each person comes up with different ideas and makes their own parts if need be. I'm all into that! Of course weight is a factor. My question though is when it comes to hanging stuff off your barrel, such as AK front sights, bayo lugs, muzzle attachments, or anything that clamps onto or fastens to the barrel itself is that going to change anything as far as barrel harmonics and possibly effect accuracy? Or since I'm only talking about smooth bore shotguns maybe barrel harmonics is not an issue. Just wondering what ya'll think, mainly because I would like to put an AK sight and bayo lug on mine and I mostly shoot slugs so accuracy is a concern. I don't really see how it could make much difference on a shotgun other than the added weight but does anyone else have any concerns about it?

yes, it will actually. Also, a clamped front sight will change its aiming point after the barrel heats up, although I dont know how much. I really use a shotgun as a scattergun for the most part, so tack driving slugs isnt an issue for me, really. I really dont know how much of an issue it will be, and if it will affect a shotgun THAT much, although you are talking about a 41 caliber barrel, and not an almost 1" bore.

I questioned that myself.. after seeing conversion prices and etc.. it doesn't seem too logical. It would be cheaper just to get an AK parts kit and etc and build your own AK, instead of turning a Saiga into one. *Shrug*

All that fancy stuph adds weight too. Yuck. Thing's already heavy enough. (I think I'll get a Cx4 Storm.. in .45)

prophageus, paying for someone to do your conversion makes it expensive. Doing it yourself with a common drill and dremel saves a lot of money. and adds at the most $80 to the price of the rifle. Building your own AK requires at least a hydraulic press, costing around $150-200, not a common tool by a long shot. Added to that, no shotgun, 5.56, or .308 AK kits exist (with the exception of a Romak on the latter and they're not cheap).

Hum, yes everything that you do to a rifle barrel will change barrel harmonics

but on a saiga or ak some times are for the good, in my last conversion, the

rifle use to group 3 to 2 inches, after the muzzle brake was install it group almost

1 1/2 inch at 100 meters, I guess it when for the better on the conversion.

Must ak47 I have used are like 6 to 2 inches at best at 100 meter.

Well you thinking to use a 410 with slugs, I do not know about that, I will

get 410 on 00 buck..

Something interesting, years ago the Chinese used to import M14 into the country,

my friend got one and with out the muzzle brake it was shit, 10 inches groups or more,

we install a muzzle brake on it, and the equation changed big time, it became a fine

tune shooting machine to our surprise.

I do not mean to install a brake in your gun, but like you see things that you do

will affect your barrel one way or another.

depends on what one is doing, obviously.

A US firegroup ( 3 parts ), a stock and pistol group could run you under $80.

I went the saiga route as I get a good quality reciever/trunion/barrel/mechanism for $179. I'ld still be buying the ACE folding stock regardless of which kit, and the Ultimak rail.

Why dont people just buy an AK if they want an AK? I know where you can buy a romanian built AK for $189 bucks! yeah, its not a "GOOD ONE" but its a shooter... and you wont be afraid to take it out and get it DIRTY...and its already got the pistol grip and everything else just the way a saiga conversion would be after its converted. The only reason I converted MY saiga .410 was because I could.. and I REALLY didnt like the stock style on it. I wanted something else.

didnt cost me only 15 bucks for the dragunov style stock, 10 bucks for a different trigger group, and about 2 hours in the workshop. oh... I forgot...35 cents for black screws to fill in the empty rivet holes.