Back from the range...

I took my 7.62 x 39 back to the range today. I had NO bumpfires this time. I removed the shims from the fcg and only sandbagged the forearm. I held the pistol grip with both hands and solidly pulled the rifle into my shoulder. The hold was quite solid with both elbows on the bench and the forearm on my usual front bag. I shot at 50 yards. My best group was Winchester white box at 1-1/4 ". ( It would HAVE to like the expensive stuff!) Wolf 154 SP was 2-3/8". Barnual FMJ was 2-3/4". Wolf 124 FMJ and Wolf military classic HP were both 4-1/2". I want to try some reloads but I need to make a brass deflector before I shoot much boxer primed stuff. It throws cases a LONG way. I was pretty frustrated initially, but I think I'm going to hang on to this one for a while.

Vorpal.

I took my 7.62 x 39 back to the range today. I had NO bumpfires this time. I removed the shims from the fcg and only sandbagged the forearm. I held the pistol grip with both hands and solidly pulled the rifle into my shoulder. The hold was quite solid with both elbows on the bench and the forearm on my usual front bag. I shot at 50 yards. My best group was Winchester white box at 1-1/4 ". ( It would HAVE to like the expensive stuff!) Wolf 154 SP was 2-3/8". Barnual FMJ was 2-3/4". Wolf 124 FMJ and Wolf military classic HP were both 4-1/2". I want to try some reloads but I need to make a brass deflector before I shoot much boxer primed stuff. It throws cases a LONG way. I was pretty frustrated initially, but I think I'm going to hang on to this one for a while.

Vorpal.

What do you mean by bumpfires?

Bumpfire to me has always been something you purposefully do to make your semi auto gun sound/act like a fully auto gun.

Slamfires etc are when the gun fires more than one shot unintentionally per trigger pull. Which you can get if you grind a hammer to much or have an SKS with a gummed up trigger pin. They are scary as all hell.

Vorpal.

What do you mean by bumpfires?

Bumpfire to me has always been something you purposefully do to make your semi auto gun sound/act like a fully auto gun.

Slamfires etc are when the gun fires more than one shot unintentionally per trigger pull. Which you can get if you grind a hammer to much or have an SKS with a gummed up trigger pin. They are scary as all hell.

I think he meant slamfires

I dont believe he had slamfires. IIRC his trigger was letting the hammer go multiple times with one trigger pull.

His other thread... Link....

I loaded single after that and tried to concentrate on following through and not shorting the trigger. I was thinking mechanical problem at the time. The hammer was routinely dropping on the empty chamber after each shot.

Slamfire would be when his hammer wasn't being released but the pin was stuck in the bolt :)

Edited by jamesavery22