Gas block from AK to Saiga 7.62 conversion

Hi All!

I searched -- but was unable to find an answer specific to this Q.

Id like my saiga 7.62 to accept Ak style handguards, as well as the cleaning rod.

In order to allow the HGs and cleaning rod, I understand the front sight base can be changed out with an AK style -- but what about the gas block? Is there a gas block that is compatible with replacing the saiga -- or will that not match up with the port in the barrel?

The end result Im looking for is using AK style HGs, with cleaning rod.

Any options / links?

Thanks all

You don't need a new gas block in order to use a cleaning rod or regular akm hand guards. You can buy a new gas tube and bolt on hand guard retainer from dinzag along with this front sight block from k-var to hold the rod from flying forward. http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=290&page=1

I've had that set up on my gun for months now. BTW, the saiga cleaning rod and cleaning kit are not standard. The rod is too long. Once you get a standard length rod you will see that the threads on the rod don't match the cleaning kit. Do yourself a favor and learn from my mistakes. Order the cleaning rod, kit, sight block, and sight block pins all at once from K-var and get the other stuff from Dinzag. You're also gonna have to grind a little off the bottom of the factory bas block. Not much though.

100_0272.jpg

100_0274.jpg

100_0276.jpg

Edited by taurussvt

If you want to press stuff off, and press new parts back on the gun, use Bulgarians parts

FSB and GB they will fit a Saiga 7.62x39 no problems, if you press them off install your

retainer plate too and you are done.

The Bulgarian GB has a 90 degrees port on the part if you going that way.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=292&page=1

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=290&page=1

On the FSB you can install 24 mm brakes or flash hiders.

K-var used to have a Bulgarian GB cheap with out the bayo lug

but still have the opening for the cleaning rod as you not need

the bayo lug on the GB as the bayo uses the lug on the FSB

if you going ak-103 style.

If you dont want to pay k-var prices you can hunt parts on the gun forums

as some times you may find them cheaper a lot cheaper but takes time.

Edited by vjor
  • 1 month later...
Im confused as to why a FSB for a AK74 (5.45x39) is working on a 7.62x39 saiga rifle? is the inner diameter an issue?

Because the OD of the barrel and the ID of the FSB, you can press on Bulgarian GB and FSB on the 7.62x39 with

out to much work. Plus people that like the gun looking like a AK-100 series go for them or even if you want

to install 24 mm Brakes and Flash hiders that is one more reason. As if you install a 24 mm flash hider or Brake

you going to need the bayo lug on the FSG and not the GB to install a bayo on it if you want to use a spike on you

gun that is another reason.

Hello, taurussvt

That's a sweet lookin' gun ya got there. Do you have any pic's posted of it anywhere on the site, and if not, would you mind putting a couple up with some details? Looks like some beautiful wood err...., I mean, tree fiber product.

Thanks,

guido2 in Houston

You don't need a new gas block in order to use a cleaning rod or regular akm hand guards. You can buy a new gas tube and bolt on hand guard retainer from dinzag along with this front sight block from k-var to hold the rod from flying forward. http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=290&page=1

I've had that set up on my gun for months now. BTW, the saiga cleaning rod and cleaning kit are not standard. The rod is too long. Once you get a standard length rod you will see that the threads on the rod don't match the cleaning kit. Do yourself a favor and learn from my mistakes. Order the cleaning rod, kit, sight block, and sight block pins all at once from K-var and get the other stuff from Dinzag. You're also gonna have to grind a little off the bottom of the factory bas block. Not much though.

100_0272.jpg

100_0274.jpg

100_0276.jpg