I just broke my tap off that came with my Dinzag bullet guide kit!!! :cryss: What do I do to get it out!!?? I was going slow and turning it by hand in my drill press when it snapped off flush with the trunnion. I took the hand guard off and it looks like it was almost all the way threw when it happened. WHAT DO I DO PLEASE HELP!!!

Thats exactly what I did... WHACK with a punch and a hammer, then retapped with a tap of the SAME THREAD ... nothing was wrong.. it was all good, and easier than I imagined it would be, I thought I was screwed!

I tapped a half dozen before I bumped the tap handle sideways and broke it off... I didnt do it while actually THREADING...

still... smack and retap... it will be all good!! :up:

:smoke:

Actually, the same thing happened to me, I took it out, I think I got lucky and there was a little bit sticking out that I could grab with pliers, I then gave up on the tap and JB Welded it in. Works great for me!

Actually, the same thing happened to me, I took it out, I think I got lucky and there was a little bit sticking out that I could grab with pliers, I then gave up on the tap and JB Welded it in. Works great for me!

I broke the tap off in mine, too, but skipped the JB Weld and went old-school on mine . . .

saiga556_658.JPG