FYI:: NEW SHIPMENT OF SAIGA"S ARE IN!

My #1 fan! Glad to see you too, Caspian! Thank you so much for the compliments, as usual, you are too kind :) See you in Orlando, I suppose. Sorry I couldnt make it to last year's show, but I am kind of sick of las vegas, to be honest with you. Maybe Ill get to finally meet your buddy, McUzi, too!

I have heard the same thing here in NY, that a whole shipment of Saigas are tied up in customs and won't be available until mid-late July. I also heard that this may be the last shipment of Saigas for a year or more while the factory re-tools for a new caliber to come out next year. I just got my Saiga 12 last week for $465....after tax it cost me $502. It was his last Saiga 12 although he has some 7.62's,a .308 rifle, and two .308 carbines, .223's, 20 and 410 gauges left. If I had the money I would have gotten another, but the dealer wouldn't dicker on the prices (I only was willing to spend $700 beans). Oh well, I am very happy with the 12 (the only one I could find in all NYS).

Dave

Gilberts has always had S 12's in stock,they just sell them one at a time on Gunbroker for $800.Ive called them more than once about getting a 12 and it would always be (we only have one,and its on G.B...you can bid on that one) Then theres always another gun listed right after that one sells.

That's the American way!

Ain't Capitalism grand? No need for morality or a sense of fair play when there's consumers to be bilked.

Gilberts has always had S 12's in stock,they just sell them one at a time on Gunbroker for $800.Ive called them more than once about getting a 12 and it would always be (we only have one,and its on G.B...you can bid on that one) Then theres always another gun listed right after that one sells.

That's the American way!

Ain't Capitalism grand? No need for morality or a sense of fair play when there's consumers to be bilked.

I agree, lets socialize firearm sales.

Edited by rjs34

"That's the American way!

Ain't Capitalism grand? No need for morality or a sense of fair play when there's consumers to be bilked." unquote

I know this may be difficult for some out there to believe, but everyone is not filthy rich living on their own mountaintop

stashing things to take advantage of others. Not everyone can afford to wait months on end to finally get these things in

and sell them all in one day on this forum, either, for a great price. Think of all the phone calls to deal with if someone were to do that. Might have to hire a few people and get them licensed to help with the orders...........Guess they could then just fire those folk after a few days and wait til the next wait is over just to do it again. Places of business, alarms, safes, insurances, cameras, security, utilities, phones, faxes, computers, internet access(make that high speed), Log books, audits, employees, state and federal licenses, advertizing, the list can get bigger and bigger. We are talking about probably the number one most sought-after shotgun in America, or should we say heading to America or sitting in Customs in America or in some other country's customs. Ever had a container held by Customs? It ain't free. Every day there is demurrage and then the other fees. With the economy the way it is everywhere, why give them away? The buyers out there establish the prices. Always have. Want to move them faster? Sell them cheaper. Want to make a few bucks to pay overhead? That is fine, too. If someone out there thinks there is a better way to sell these things, let them get the proper licenses and do it a few years. After a few years of paying income taxes on top of everything else, reality sets in. Need another vehicle. Roof leaks. Hard drive crashed. Lightning took out the cameras. Secretary quit. Working 14 plus hour days and the thanks they get. Mind you, I'm on your side, but give these guys a break. Why does everyone out there in consumerland think everyone else is rich? I see a lot of new businesses just on this forum and know it just ain't so easy......

Gunz4fun - whatever we can do, let us know! L.W.?

Thanks, Bvamp! Everything is fine. Just wanted to share a glimpse into the reality that some situations are much different than they appear. Been there, done that, T-shirt is old and torn....most likely been discarded. You guys are a lot of help and a great bunch to hang with and learn from. Hope everyone gets a Saiga 12 for their likings.

Ain't Capitalism grand? No need for morality or a sense of fair play when there's consumers to be bilked." unquote

I know this may be difficult for some out there to believe, but everyone is not filthy rich living on their own mountaintop

stashing things to take advantage of others. Not everyone can afford to wait months on end to finally get these things in

and sell them all in one day on this forum, either, for a great price. Think of all the phone calls to deal with if someone were to do that. Might have to hire a few people and get them licensed to help with the orders...........Guess they could then just fire those folk after a few days and wait til the next wait is over just to do it again. Places of business, alarms, safes, insurances, cameras, security, utilities, phones, faxes, computers, internet access(make that high speed), Log books, audits, employees, state and federal licenses, advertizing, the list can get bigger and bigger. We are talking about probably the number one most sought-after shotgun in America, or should we say heading to America or sitting in Customs in America or in some other country's customs. Ever had a container held by Customs? It ain't free. Every day there is demurrage and then the other fees. With the economy the way it is everywhere, why give them away? The buyers out there establish the prices. Always have. Want to move them faster? Sell them cheaper. Want to make a few bucks to pay overhead? That is fine, too. If someone out there thinks there is a better way to sell these things, let them get the proper licenses and do it a few years. After a few years of paying income taxes on top of everything else, reality sets in. Need another vehicle. Roof leaks. Hard drive crashed. Lightning took out the cameras. Secretary quit. Working 14 plus hour days and the thanks they get. Mind you, I'm on your side, but give these guys a break. Why does everyone out there in consumerland think everyone else is rich? I see a lot of new businesses just on this forum and know it just ain't so easy......

I understand and agree, for the most part.

My problem is with greedy businesses inflating demand by withholding supply (like other unscrupulous businesses do with diamonds).

Sure, most businesses are operating to be profitable and that is why they pay wholesale and mark up to retail... Why should consumers pay such a high mark up because some schmuck wants to pay his annual payroll with the sale of one product? Blaine Bunting certainly didn't rape me for my Saigas and Atlantic Firearms looks to be in great shape.

I suppose my disgust with the practice of "scalping" Saigas comes on the heels of the whole ROMAK III fiasco that many awaiting group buys were effected by (scumbag business buying ALL newly imported kits to strip of their trunnions so that pre-built receivers would have to be purchased in order to have a chance at matching number rifles.)

It is unethical and pitiful, but I suppose it isn't the good ole days anymore and business has just become more greedy and self-serving than ever before.

Thank God for the decent folks out there who go the extra mile for their customers, just because it is the right thing to do. They are the businesses that I will patronize.

My problem is with greedy businesses inflating demand by withholding supply (like other unscrupulous businesses do with diamonds).

Sure, most businesses are operating to be profitable and that is why they pay wholesale and mark up to retail... Why should consumers pay such a high mark up because some schmuck wants to pay his annual payroll with the sale of one product? Blaine Bunting certainly didn't rape me for my Saigas and Atlantic Firearms looks to be in great shape.

I suppose my disgust with the practice of "scalping" Saigas comes on the heels of the whole ROMAK III fiasco that many awaiting group buys were effected by (scumbag business buying ALL newly imported kits to strip of their trunnions so that pre-built receivers would have to be purchased in order to have a chance at matching number rifles.)

It is unethical and pitiful, but I suppose it isn't the good ole days anymore and business has just become more greedy and self-serving than ever before.

Thank God for the decent folks out there who go the extra mile for their customers, just because it is the right thing to do. They are the businesses that I will patronize.

That is called freedom of choice. Exercise your right. Nice ad for AF, too. They probably got a few more than most little guys did. I'm just thankful when I get any. Would I be a schmuck if I kept them all for myself?

That is called freedom of choice. Exercise your right. Nice ad for AF, too. They probably got a few more than most little guys did. I'm just thankful when I get any. Would I be a schmuck if I kept them all for myself?

Certainly not! If you keep them for yourself, you'll be a collector or well-armed enthusiast.

BTW, I wasn't shilling for Atlantic... Just sharing some positive feedback on a great shopping experience. :D

Back in December I was at a local gun show and there was a new S-12 on the table. It seemed expensive, but knowing they were scarce anymore and had gone up, I bit the bullet and bought it. I knew I was probably paying $100-$150 "too much" for it, but also knew if I let it go, with my luck I'd probably end up paying even more for one later.

I SBS'ed it shortly thereafter, and sent it in to Tony for him to make an S06 (HK sights, Tromix folding stock, Tapco SAW grip, slotted Galil style handguard, and shark brake), and have been enjoying it the past few months.

Looking back, man am I glad I did it the way I did.

Oh yeah, the other 3,524 gun related decisions I've made over the course of my life were disastrous.