Anvil Arms, anybody heard of them?

http://www.anvilarms.com/

Apparently they're decent receivers (I wouldn't know), but they're offering free laser engraving at a $100 price tag. They have a gallery of past projects here: http://www.anvilarms.com/showgallery.aspx?galleryid=3

I thought it was funny, and I made one up with the ol' photoslut.

post-6375-1214193645_thumb.jpg

Edited by Twinsen

I've read lots of good things about Anvil Arms.

Just so people aren't confused (because I was when I read it :ded: ), it's $100 for a stripped lower, with free laser engraving.

I think ScoutJoe has an engraved lower from them actually.

Edited by 22_Shooter

I tried to get them to write SHTF in place of where AUTO would be on an M-16. They said that it would only get me trouble, and that they did not really want to write anything in that area of the receiver.

Can't say I blame them.

I tried to get them to write SHTF in place of where AUTO would be on an M-16. They said that it would only get me trouble, and that they did not really want to write anything in that area of the receiver.

Can't say I blame them.

Cool idea. I've seen "SHTF" in place of "Semi" or "Fire" too.

Can't say I blame them.

post-1914-1214712887_thumb.jpg

Somebody does, I don't know who though

Can't say I blame them.

post-1914-1214712887_thumb.jpg

Somebody does, I don't know who though

:lol: :lol:

I've bought several items from Jon at Anvil Arms. The last two were an AOW and an SBR. The lowers are absolute top quality. I'm probably going to pick up 5-10 more lower receivers before the election, hopefully I can get 4 with consecutive serial numbers - one for each member of my family. The best thing is that I see him at the gun shows all the time. If you're in central Florida... it's $100 per receiver (engraved) OUT THE DOOR, tax included.

• 1 month later...
Good to hear it, because I can't close photoshop.

zombiefightsevereji4.jpg

Nice image! Since it is going on an AR you might want to consider changing the belt fed M60 to an AR/M16 but either way if you get it into the proper format, I'll be more than happy to engrave it for you.

That is a hell of a good deal, I paid a bit more for a stripped Mega upper with only a skull and crossbones on it.

Good to hear it, because I can't close photoshop.

zombiefightsevereji4.jpg

Nice image! Since it is going on an AR you might want to consider changing the belt fed M60 to an AR/M16 but either way if you get it into the proper format, I'll be more than happy to engrave it for you.

That is a hell of a good deal, I paid a bit more for a stripped Mega upper with only a skull and crossbones on it.

For full information on exactly what type of file is needed for the laser please see: Anvil Arms Laser FAQ and read #6 very carefully.

Jon Kruger

President, Anvil Arms LLC