Combo stock and PG - How many parts?

A new .308 owner here.

I am looking at buying an ACE 6-position collapsible folding stock with integrated pistol grip. Is this a parts count wash? Add a PG - need a US part...stock is US made - voila, everything is kopasetic???

AK308_in_AK99709

Army Security Agency...if it was a cold war how come everywhere we went the LZ was HOT!!!

No, you'll only get one countable part out of your two-US-part stock.

The Saiga does not come with a pistol grip. so it just adds to the total number of parts to be counted.

Only the buttstock replaces a foreign part for a +1 in the US made parts lineup.

Hello

I think a good way to llok at it is this.

14 parts -Need to get to less than 10

If you add a pistol grip you parts count is now 15 & you need to get to less than 10.

Add a flash suppressor you now have 16 parts & need to get to less than 10.

So I added M-4 type stock, pistol grip, gas piston, flash suppressor. 4 parts

16 minus 4 equal 12.

So to be legal I have to use a made in USA magazine. 3 parts.

post-9422-1214511735_thumb.jpg

Okay...Kevin...this is what I mean about it being confusing. You stated:

"I think a good way to llok at it is this.

14 parts -Need to get to less than 10

If you add a pistol grip you parts count is now 15 & you need to get to less than 10."

So here you add a pistol grip and ADD one to the parts count. 14 + 1 = 15....I'm with ya !!

"Add a flash suppressor you now have 16 parts & need to get to less than 10.

So I added M-4 type stock(1), pistol grip(2), gas piston(3), flash suppressor(4). 4 parts"....I got it.....4 parts ADDED equals 4 parts!

"16 minus 4 equal 12." WHAT THE HECK? You added the flash suppressor (+1) and the pistol grip (+1) so how do you SUBTRACT them here????

AK308_in_AK99709

"Add a flash suppressor you now have 16 parts & need to get to less than 10.

So I added M-4 type stock(1), pistol grip(2), gas piston(3), flash suppressor(4). 4 parts"....I got it.....4 parts ADDED equals 4 parts!

"16 minus 4 equal 12." WHAT THE HECK? You added the flash suppressor (+1) and the pistol grip (+1) so how do you SUBTRACT them here????

You have sixteen countable 'parts' of which you subtract four US-made parts to give you twelve foreign parts remaining, and you have to get down to ten or less foreign parts to be legal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello

One other item for my Saiga

I still have to install the Dinzag 2 part FCG for a non-converted 762

After I install those parts I can use any magzine I want.

Have you installed the Dinzag FCG yet? If so, how does it compare to the original?

hello

I have not yet isntalled the Dinzag FC parts. Maybe in the next few weeks. Its a little hot here in SC to go to the range. Football season starts soon so that means fall is almost here.

post-9422-1216746030_thumb.jpg

Hello

No the magazines are 762.

I have the 30 round & the 47 round magazines for my Saiga. In fact I am only legal using these high capacity magazines because of the parts count. When I install the Dinzag parts I can use the Saiga 10 round magazines again.