Finally got my 308

I finally picked up my 308. It is 22 inch, with synthetic furniture.

Can't wait to start the mods. Of course doing the trigger convertsion. Then I have a Romak II thubhole stock to put on. Then I will figure out something for the handgaurd. Not sure what to do for that.

I would like to add a muzzle break of some kind. Not sure what would work with the 308 & not sure if I would trust putting it on myslef.

Here is a pic of it before I "hack" it up.

saiga308_jpg.jpg

i called all the gun shops around to buy a saiga. Almost all of them wanted me to buy something else other than that piece of junk saiga.

The one that actually listened to me, called me back & said that was the only one his supplier could get him. And it showed up 48 hrs later.

I think when do the grip conversion I will cover the thumbhole stock with bedliner material to keep the black synthetic look.

What did they try to talk you into buying? I'm curious because i bought mine thru a gunsmith who works on a lot of high end guns, for finicky people, and when I asked him what he thought of Saigas, he said "hey, they work all the time and do what they're supposed to, what more could you ask for"?

jrobb

a couple of them told me to save my money & buy a regular AK.

They could not grasp the fact that I wanted a 308.

The one guy that listened to the 308 part told me, well if thats what you are looking for buy an armalite. Then proceeded to tell me he had one for only $1400.

The guy that I finally got this thru said he did not normally sell them but he did like the ones that he had ordered for people and thought they were good rifles. I may see if he can get me a 16 inch 308.

I will start a saiga collection next to my 19 Mosin Nagants. LOL

:rolleyes:

I used to hold a FFL, had a store front shop and worked as a trader at another large store front (over 2000 guns in stock) in a rural setting.

Alot of run-o-the-mill dealers really know little of milspec-ish non-U.S made firarms. And, they are INVESTED into selling you something, anything, off their current rack...because it is sitting there eating for free till it turns some profit.

Lastly, the PROFIT margin is often the bottom line -the affordable guns like the Saiga (and previously the chinese SKS's & AK's) do not have this margin, and, had alot of other dealers offering competative prices. Profits depended on quanity sales (alot of those dealers are not solvent enough, or, are a bit too intelectually challenged to play the game).

That's the truth. The rule regarding idiot dealers (and idiots in general) is to GET TO THEM -and not to let them GET TO YOU.

Works for me! :angel:

Lollygagger