Before ordering online, does any one know if chest rigs like this Blackhawk strike with a built in row of open top mag pouches, will accept a saiga 12 mag ?? Cant find one over here in the Uk to look at first & there half price in the US.I know their designed for M16/Ar mags, but seems a good way to reload fast.

Thanks a lot.

30449.jpg

Edited by gunfighteruk
Before ordering online, does any one know if chest rigs like this Blackhawk strike with open top mag pouches, will accept a saiga 12 mag ?? Cant find one over here in the Uk to look at first & there half price in the US.I know their designed for M16/Ar mags, but seems a good way to reload fast.

Thanks a lot.

30449.jpg

Short answer is no there are no chest rigs like the Blackhawk etc that will fit S-12 mags.

However http://TheVestGuy.com is a great place to get one made. He made a belt with a double mag pouch that is great. He even has a discount code for forum members.

His name here is TheVestGuy.com

I can't tell from the picture but those appear to be single pouchs for an AR mag which will not work. I have Molle load bearing vest but haven't found the suitable pouches to fit it yet. VestGuy does have some decent equipment to choose from and will make you a custom chest rig if you tell him what you want. I've seen a few guys in my area try the velcro route with limited success since the weight of the mags tend to want to go to ground when your running. I have found an AR doublemag pouch

http://www.specialtydefense.com/p-134-band...-magazines.aspx

will hold three AGP mags secure but needs additional webbing sewn to it to strap it to your chest. Working on a prototype now but having some difficulty finding the mil spec webbing to add the straps.

I don't know about the Blackhawk rig, but I have an el cheapo chest rig from Cheaper than Dirt that holds six AR mags in open top pouches like that one. On each side, the two outer pouches are slightly larger than the center pouch and will hold the AGP 10 rounders. You can even still get an AR mag in the center pouch. The elastic is not long enough, but I don't think they'd come out unless you're doing handstands. I have used it tis way for 3-gun, but the AR mags are rather difficult to get to buried between the Saiga mags. Also, they ride kinda high, pulling them out, you gotta watch your chin. Since it's MOLLE compatible, I got The Vest Guy to make me a double mag pouch that I mount down on the left side, just behind the hip. I had him make the pouch at a forward angle, and it's open topped with elastic retainers.

post-57-1216221585_thumb.jpg

The above home made chest rig allows a very quick reload on 1-2 rounds , & its this idea i want to carry over to a Saiga 12 rig. It will hold 6 mags upright facing forward each held by sprung C clips , with enough room behind each mag to get your thumb behind , simply grab , push out & up for a fast reload .

For those shooting tube's still watch this reload ...... im sure a mag with practice could be quicker !!

http://www.spitsheuvel.nl/patrick/adrie6rounds6targets.mpg

Edited by gunfighteruk
post-57-1216221585_thumb.jpg

For those shooting tube's still watch this reload ...... im sure a mag with practice could be quicker !!

http://www.spitsheuvel.nl/patrick/adrie6rounds6targets.mpg

I use belt mounted mags facing down and back.I have room for 5 mags.Push mag release to let empty mag fall to ground ( breaks my heart at £79 each) pull mag down to clear belt, up and into magwell continue shooting.With the 8 round factory mags I have to remember to count 7 shots.This leaves the 8th round loaded in the chamber ready to fire but the magazine empty.That way when you click in the next full mag you dont have to rack the action ,just continue firing.Obviously in the heat of a stage I often lose count and find I have fired the 8th round ,and then loose a few seconds having to rack the action to chamber a round.

Did have a few issues to start with as a full magazine is quite heavy Found that running caused the mags to gradually pull through the retainers,and drop out,but judicious use of some grip mat has cured this.

Where are you based in the UK gunfighter.Will be nice to see a few more Saigas on the circuit.The only other guy I have seen with a Saiga currently does use a chest rig with pouches,and does very well with them.Not sure what rig make it is.If you were at Carlisle you probably saw him.

Edited by dochoc