Krebs Ghost ring sights AND ultimak/cobra rail?

Does anyone out there have an ultimak/cobra style forward rail AND a Krebs Ghost Ring sight on their 12? I searched for a bit and couldn't find that combo, but I think I remember seeing a picture of a set up like this somewhere. I'd really like to have a longer sight radius, but I'd also like the ability to put something like a red dot up front as well. I don't trust putting an optic up front and not having backup iron sites. Basically, if I drop $250ish on a holo sight or a good red dot, then I'd like to be able to move it around on my different guns, so they've all got to have iron sites. I'm not worried about co-witnessing the sights.

I know there's the HK sights that are welded to the cover, but I think like the Krebs better. I also don't have a welder, so that is a strike against the HK sights.

Does anyone out there have an ultimak/cobra style forward rail AND a Krebs Ghost Ring sight on their 12? I searched for a bit and couldn't find that combo, but I think I remember seeing a picture of a set up like this somewhere. I'd really like to have a longer sight radius, but I'd also like the ability to put something like a red dot up front as well. I don't trust putting an optic up front and not having backup iron sites. Basically, if I drop $250ish on a holo sight or a good red dot, then I'd like to be able to move it around on my different guns, so they've all got to have iron sites. I'm not worried about co-witnessing the sights.

I know there's the HK sights that are welded to the cover, but I think like the Krebs better. I also don't have a welder, so that is a strike against the HK sights.

Krebs is welded on in the rear as well - unless there is an option Im not aware of

HarvKY

I asked Tony Rumore at Tromix that same question when I ordered my S12.

His response:

No. The Ultimak uses the same dovetail in the rear that the rear Krebs sight uses. It's one or the other.

The front would work fine, but there would be no way to get a rear sight low enough to line up with it.

I had a dilemma,

I Love the Ultimak rail

I love the Krebs Custom Ghost ring sights

SO,...

I ordered the TALL front Krebs sight

and ground/Filed a dovetail into the rear last slot of the Ultimak wide enough that would fit the Krebs rear Ghost ring, or any factory rear sight for that matter.

and then hammered in the rear Krebs site in place, in the Ultimak rail, last (Back) notch,... just like it would fit in the stock groove. a little flat black touch up was in order. AND the 6061 T-6 aluminum Ultimak rail was harder than I thought and I had to use an air powered die grinder to rough it in, then a smooth triangle profile file to finish out the groove.

Since the front sight is TALL and I can screw the front center up or down to adjust, i am pretty happy with the solution so far pics and field report to follow,....

• 2 weeks later...