found 3 1999 saigas at gunshop today

they want $250 for the saigas and $30 for the us ak mag.

that mag counts as 3 us parts.

i'm not sure what year model i bought back in 1999 but it did accept and feed ak mags just fine.

i believe that they figured that out and changed them up so that they could not accept ak mags.

they had the 5 round mags taped to the barrel so i could not see how the front of the mag was designed.

i'm not sure what year they changed them up. i dont even know what year model i bought.

i do know that i bought the rifle, then bought a few 30 round german ak mags and they fit and fuctioned. no big deal to me back then b/c it was my first ak and i didn't know jack about em.

i wish they would let me hand cycle some rounds through them just to be sure.

they have a layaway policy there so i could get 1 or 2 of em.

those are the same saigas that have been there since i bought a mint mak90 for about $300 back around late 99 early 2000. they are new never fired.

they also had 2 remington auto 3006 for $275 if anybody may be interested. they are used but in excellent condition with scopes mounted.

yep, but these have been on the shelf since 1999.

around here NOBODY knows about saigas.

and those that do don't care for em.

those type people that think a bolt action is the only thing you should need.

if they are still there i will get 2 of em come this march.

damn i'm eager to see if they are the year model that takes ak mags unmodified.

if they are, then i'm sure they will be worth something.

hell, my saiga 20 is a 2000 model and it was imported by kalashnikov usa.

maybe eaa had something to do with the modification to not accept ak mags. they took over between 2000 and 2001.

update everybody!

i went by the shop today to double check.

one of the saigas had $250

another had $195

the other didn't have a price on it.

they are all new.

not sure why the price difference but this may explain. they had mak90 written on the tag! they actually think that it's an mak90! like i said before, these people around here don't know what they have. the place is under new management since they got these. i talked to a couple guys up there today and they seem like they don't know much in that area.

the feed area on the mag that comes with the rifle looks like the current mag so i need to find a good pic of a current 10 round factory mag so i can have a good comparison.

ok guys don't bash me too hard, but i've turned to the dark side.

i found a remington auto 3006 buried behind some other guns. $175!!!!!!!!

i had to get it! can't pass up that deal!

its not in the best condition but it looks good for the price and it will make a good beat up brush gun for the pickup.

especially with the 10 round metal mags hehehehe :devil:

they have a 308 up there and you can get 10 round metal mags for it too.

it was $245. i don't believe that the remington 308 will be as good as the saiga 308 though.

found 3 1999 model saigas at shop today.

and they only have one of the usa ak mags left.

the saiga i got in 1999 accepted ak mags without modifications.

they each come with a 5 round poly mag.

I bought a 1999 saiga and it doesnt accept regular ak mags It needs to have the feed ramp put in it (on order) :blues:

it may be prior to 99.

the one i had i bought in 99 but it could have been the first year they were imported. it could have been 98 or 97.

like i posted earlier, the mags that they have with the 99 saigas look to be like the 10 rounders of today in the front.

i'll do some more research to try and figure out this situation.

i know of another shop that has some older saigas.

forget about buying from them though. they want about $500 for their saiga 308. it is one of the first of the 308s though. thats why they still have it. they want too much. they've been having it since it seems back before i bought that saiga in 99.

oh, they do have a dragunov but i don't know too much about it. not sure which caliber it is. it has dark dark furniture. i think they want about $1200-$1500 for it. it too has been there for awhile!

i'll pay them a little visit to see the specs on theirs tomorrow after work.

i'll post up on what i find out.

update guys

the 7.62 that they have is a 99 model. can you believe they want about $350 for it?

they have a 410 for i believe $375.

the dragunov that they had is gone.

they did have a very nice condition m1 carbine with 30 round mag for only $225. they would take $200.

finally they had one of those norinco hunters that was brought up in another thread.

excellent mint condition.

guess how much they wanted!