Someone posted about the S-12 that sold on gunbroker for over $2,700.00. They suggested that the high bid might be a sham.

What do you think? Do you think sham bidding happens a lot on gunbroker? Do you think guys have their buddies or friends bid up an item, or that the seller registers under a different name and bids up his or her own item?

I just wonder how "fair" gunbroker really is.

Sloth

Someone posted about the S-12 that sold on gunbroker for over $2,700.00. They suggested that the high bid might be a sham.

What do you think? Do you think sham bidding happens a lot on gunbroker? Do you think guys have their buddies or friends bid up an item, or that the seller registers under a different name and bids up his or her own item?

I just wonder how "fair" gunbroker really is.

Sloth

Shams go on at gunbroker, auction arms or eBay. It goes on at ALL auctions.

I would say it is just as "fair" as any auction site. I also doubt anyone paid $2,700 for a S-12.

Edited by Banshee
I also doubt anyone paid $2,700 for a S-12.

Me too. But if someone did, I don't feel bad for them. Because either of 2 things happened: 1)They failed to do any research at all, or 2) They have shit-tons of money to blow, and didn't care about the price.

I think people have buddys bid things up all the time....that bid was probably by a fool if for real. Just last week our old buddy

pokerpimp sold an otherwise standard Saiga 12 conversion, except with an AK74 sidefolder for a stupidly high amount. I'm thinking it was in the $1600 range if they paid. Careful wording can bait in a lot of would be suckers.

The $2700 dollar Tromix was sold by Atlantic Firearms wasnt it? I would hope they would not shill bid on thier own auctions, we cound them as one of the good guys, dont we?

I personally know a person that has a friend that shill bids on his ancient coins on ebay. That is to keep a 1000 buck coin from going for 250. It isnt any of my business, I dont care for the practice and dont do it myself, but kinda feel that if the seller has someone help him get the bid up to the fair price of the gun, coin whatever, to keep the bidding going, I am not too pissed about it.

Now when you take a 1500 dollar gun and shill bid it to 3000 that is plain stealing in my book.

Gunbroker BLOWS!!!!!! I will never buy anything that is listed there..... They are not nearly as diligent on trying to make the sight secure as Ebay. Ever try to contact them if there were issues with auction? I bet Ruseller stole 100's of thousands of dollars before Gunbroker was forced to remove him. I fought with them over a year to try to get them to remove his account. But oh boy... If you owe them 0.50 they will freeze your account.

If I must look for something on gunbroker, I look for a website address in the items description and contact them directly.