hey jbiker what configuration are you allowed in your country and welcome to the forum.

Howdy saigafreake & everyone

If you hold appropriate gun permit, you can buy any semi-auto which is stamped by Government Weapons Certificion & Testing Office or by equal foreign body. Our gun-law is pretty liberal for Europe, but we are going to be afraid of impact of bureaucrats from Brussels (EEC). You can apply statutory exception request for full-auto, but it is only theory. Never seen anybody given with this permit. The most popular military-looking rifles are clones of Czech VZ58 mainly because they are the cheapest ones on the market, well built and tons of 7.62x39 surplus still available. But, in my opinion, this gauge is good in battle or for boar hunting more than for punching the paper. That is why me and .223 REM. You can also find here various AR15 clones (IDS, Dlask, ...), British L1A1, Saigas, and (rarely)Sig 550 or G3. That is briefly about it in Czech Republic.

• 1 month later...

Looks like I was too optimistic with flawless function of adjusted 223 AK5 MagPuls. Recent range session, last round from the mag did not get into the chamber - almost each time. No stuck, no jam, just staying in the mag. A few theories resp. assumptions:

A: Outside temperature: As it was my first outdoor shooting in winter conditions (-5 °C) and it never happend in warmer enviroment - different elasticity of mag lips

B: Dinzag guide: I have flat version, round version might provide better guidance

C: Different position of last round against feeding mechanism (improper shape of mag follower)

Any comment or hint appreciated ...

PS D: MagPul = rubbish :)

Edited by jbiker

B: Dinzag guide: I have flat version, round version might provide better guidance

You can't switch'em out so easily.

They're "round" because the barrel trunnion has a round area for the guide.

They're "flat" because the barrel trunnion has a flat area milled out for the guide.

They're "round" because the barrel trunnion has a round area for the guide ...

Aha, the one I saw (big diameter round profile on the guiding side) was different made, no Dinzag, then.

Edited by jbiker

They're "round" because the barrel trunnion has a round area for the guide ...

Aha, the one I saw (big diameter round profile on the guiding side) was different made, no Dinzag, then.

Dinzag offers bullet guides for all Saigas (round or flat).

He saw the Kvar version with FLAT bottom and curved sides..

If you buy that version, just take off the left side (of tthe guide with dremel) with the rotating-rivet (as your Saiga has one on that side already). Just 'search' bullet-guide on here and you wil find that exact one and what to do.