Anyone where I can pickup a GSG-5? I have been looking and all I can find is the pistol! I want the rifle.

Thanks

Ralph

I've had one on order for months. I'm thinking they made a bunch of rifles,and underestimated the demand. Then started the pistols,so it could be a while.

Hell they could be in production on the AKs by now. I called my FFL and canceled,but he said he was going to order them anyway. I had him order a CZ-527 carbine I've been wanting,and I figure I'll have the money for the GSG by the time they come in. Might as well get one,cause I got all the stuff to pimp it out

sitting on my bench. You might want to google the GSG5 forum. If you have problems with it you are out of luck,and the distributer (ATI) hasn't logged in to the GSG forum since all the complaints started coming in.

WOW!! :eek: :eek:

I guess supply has like totally dried up on these.... Glad I got mine a while back...

There are TWO LEFT on Auctionarms currently for $419.00 Which is DIRT FUCKING CHEAP!!!! Thats just about DEALER COST!!!!

I got mine for $432.00 that included $32.00 tax, and no shipping... so $419.00 is an AMAZING price!!!

I would jump on these guys...

So what "complaints" are you referring to?!?!? Other than no supply?? Mine seems to function perfectly...

:smoke:

first thing you do, take out the breech body and put locktite on all the phillips screws, and on the phillips body screws. Also, you're better off shooting jacketed lead like the federal bulk packs from wally world or the better ammo like CCI. Stay away from Remy Thunderbolts.

here's a site with some good info:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=41

love mine...

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll271/s...nt=78f9fd9b.pbr

Edited by sharkbit

The GSG-5 is VERY available in the Tampa area. I was at the Lakeland gunshow this past weekend and must have seen at least 25 for sale. I think prices ranged from $439 to $569. I'm not in the market for one because Spike's tactical will have their AR 22LR uppers in stock with Lothar Walther barrels in about 3 weeks. So why the Spikes upper? My reasons:

1. It's only a bit more (around $550)

2. I can use AR accessories like rails, sights, flash suppressors, etc.

3. It uses Black Dog magazines which are cheaper and more common than the GSG-5 mags and they come in smoke, clear and black

4. It does not need a buffer tube - so you can use an ACE folding stock.

5. It is compatible with registered auto sears and FA lowers

6. You have more barrel length options... so pistols, SBRs or regular carbine uppers will be widely available.

7. I've too many AR lowers sitting around that want an upper on them.

I talked with the owner and he said their supply problems have been worked out, so they should be able to provide hundreds of uppers each month to the market.

Edited by RDSWriter
The GSG-5 is VERY available in the Tampa area. I was at the Lakeland gunshow this past weekend and must have seen at least 25 for sale. I think prices ranged from $439 to $569. I'm not in the market for one because Spike's tactical will have their AR 22LR uppers in stock with Lothar Walther barrels in about 3 weeks. So why the Spikes upper? My reasons:

1. It's only a bit more (around $550)

2. I can use AR accessories like rails, sights, flash suppressors, etc.

3. It uses Black Dog magazines which are cheaper and more common than the GSG-5 mags and they come in smoke, clear and black

4. It does not need a buffer tube - so you can use an ACE folding stock.

5. It is compatible with registered auto sears and FA lowers

6. You have more barrel length options... so pistols, SBRs or regular carbine uppers will be widely available.

7. I've too many AR lowers sitting around that want an upper on them.

I talked with the owner and he said their supply problems have been worked out, so they should be able to provide hundreds of uppers each month to the market.

I've got a Spikes lower on the way to as we speak :D . I've decided to go FDE with this one.

I may have to buy a AR 22LR upper. Sounds like a nice addition. On a side note someone told me the GSG5 Pistol maybe able to legaly have a stock since it's only a 22? I know I could do the paper work and get a SBR for it. I am just wondering if this is true?

Thanks

Ralph

You can put a stock on any pistol... you just need to make sure the barrel is longer than 16" so that it is considered a rifle. If the barrel is less than 16" and/or the overall length is less than the 26" with the stock extended, then you'll need a NFA tax stamp. So yes, you'll need to SBR the GSG5 pistol to add a stock. Keep in mind that with the GSG-5, you only get one caliber and one configuration. I think the GSG-5 has a pretty good 'fun factor', but i wouldnt' pay $200 to register it as an SBR.

That's the great thing with an AR that is an SBR... you can use a 5.56 upper, 6.8 upper, 9mm upper, 22LR upper, 45ACP upper, 5.7x28 upper all with barrels less than 16" because the receiver is the restricted item. Case in point, I have several pistol lowers and several registered AR SBRs. Now I can buy any barrels I want and put them on the pistols and swap out uppers on the SBRs when I go to the range. You have tons of options since (1) you can swap uppers, and (2) optics are mounted to the uppers to they stay zeroed, and (3) the magazines are interchangable as long as they are designed to fit a standard AR lower.

Edited by RDSWriter
WOW!! :eek: :eek:

I guess supply has like totally dried up on these.... Glad I got mine a while back...

There are TWO LEFT on Auctionarms currently for $419.00 Which is DIRT FUCKING CHEAP!!!! Thats just about DEALER COST!!!!

I got mine for $432.00 that included $32.00 tax, and no shipping... so $419.00 is an AMAZING price!!!

I would jump on these guys...

So what "complaints" are you referring to?!?!? Other than no supply?? Mine seems to function perfectly...

some people said they were a garbage disposal for any kind of ammo,but some people had lemons that never cycle right ,or some parts breaking off.

They just were'nt gtting any customer service.

I have used everything from federal bulk pack, sellier and bellot, remington gold, and wolf match target... all have fed perfectly, I dont think I have had ANY FTF or FTE... Well, no... now upon recollection, I think I had ONE or TWO the last time I was out... which is no different than any of my three ruger 10/22's....

It is decently accurate... 1.5" groups with irons at 50 yards...