How Do You Adjust Front Sight?

you basically back out the front sight post and hit the oval shaped block its threaded into with a hammer on the side to drift it. then you have to put the front post back down to where it was....its a little easier to do backing the post out a ways first, but you can still do it without doing that. expect to have to WHALLOP the thing a few times before it moves to the side the first time you do this

There is also a post on here somewhere about fixing a canted fsb.

My new 7.62 fsb is slightly canted.(either that or it's in my head) How can it be fixed when it's welded to the barrel?

I suppose I could take it back to the store,but that sounds like a huge hassle,and whatever they have left in stock (if any)probably isn't any better.

Can I replace the barrel with a standard ak47 one?

P.S. I'm no gunsmith! :lol:

Edited by Rebel

Mine is off a bit, also. My sight is adjusted pretty far to the left, it is no big deal. Just get it where it shoots straight. If it is so bad you cannot get it sighted then you may need to get it fixed. I'll look up the post pistonring mentioned and re-post it if I find it. Another option is to put a red dot on it, which is what I am doing (waiting on a scope mount).

OK, fixing the FSB looks like a pain in the butt, unless there is a post out there I cannot find. However, Global Trades has a new sight for 16" barrels that is adjustable for windage.

http://www.globaltrades.com/ak_sights.html

This is a better fix and about the same cost as shipping to EAA.

Anybody have instructions on switching out the rear sight?

Edited by Doerdie

I haven't been out to fire it yet.It's not off by much.

Ok,here's a crazy idea. If I can't get it sighted,is it possible(and legal) to:

Saw off the Saiga fsb and replace with an Ak-47 one? Then thread on a muzzle break? Assuming that the barrel has the same diameter and threads as an Ak?

Try not to laugh at me too hard. :D

The FSB is pinned on. If you need to straighten it out you can punch out the pins, set the FSB where you need it, then redrill the pin holes and drive pins back in. Fairly common on all the Saiga's I have seen (my .223 was off). The Tapco sight tool is great, and there is no need to back the post out to adjust the windage. As far as a muzzle device goes, you first have to remove the sleeve that is over the muzzle, which is detailed on a gun web site that I fail to recall.