WTK Armscor / Rock Island Armory MAPP1

Howdy

Anyone know the deal with these pistols? They're supposedly the product of a deal between Armscor and Tangfolio due to Armscor manufacturing some of the Tangfolio components. They are sold here in the USA under the Rock Island Armory name.

These are direct copies of the Tangfolio Witness P.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Heard about them? Durability, etc?

I've been jonesin' for a CZ-75 polymer P-01, but I'm not stuck on a name if this thing is just as reliable. . . .

c68368e83452704078da1f3wa1.jpg

Manufacturer homepage: http://www.armscor.com.ph/newprod.htm

TIA

Anyone own an EAA Witness P Compact Pistol?

witc2008yc0.png

Same pistol, different markings and marketer.

I figure the Witness and the RIA/Armscor are all made in the same place, anyway (and seem to be the same price ).

Still looking for reviews.

Edited by nalioth

Howdy

Anyone know the deal with these pistols? They're supposedly the product of a deal between Armscor and Tangfolio due to Armscor manufacturing some of the Tangfolio components. They are sold here in the USA under the Rock Island Armory name.

These are direct copies of the Tangfolio Witness P.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Heard about them? Durability, etc?

Hi Guys,

Regarding Tangfolio MAPP1, these are actualy Tangfolio handguns assembled in the philippines, the Italian gun company and Armscor Philippines joined forces to introduce the gun in the philippine market, and as far acceptance of the local market is concerned it doing a pretty good considering the strict competition between local and imported handguns. right now more locals are still into 1911's due to availability of parts.

With regards to performance, this gun never jammed on me whenever I use it, and it is durable and most importantly it is easy to clean. had mine for running 3 years now and it still looks good like you just bought it from the store.

Well this is all based on my experience :smoke: .

It should be a decent gun. Tanfoglio has too much reputation riding on it. In the past they tried to cash in on the CZ name and trademark by having parts and assembly made in the original CZ-Strakonice plant (CZ-Uhersky Brod came later as a subsidiary). I prefer the original design, not the Italian copy, but that is just my patriotism to the homeland.