My buddy is selling a Norinco SKS with the Tapco polymer stock on it along with the original stock it came with and a 30rd mag and 2 20rd mags. Its been modified to accept bottom feeding mags and the gun itself is in good condition. So how much would you guys ask for a gun like this? He said he was gonna ask 400-450 but I think that's way too much.

• 1 month later...
My buddy is selling a Norinco SKS with the Tapco polymer stock on it along with the original stock it came with and a 30rd mag and 2 20rd mags. Its been modified to accept bottom feeding mags and the gun itself is in good condition. So how much would you guys ask for a gun like this? He said he was gonna ask 400-450 but I think that's way too much.

400+ is too much unless it accepts AK mags and even then it would have to be in pristine shape.

If he has the original wood as well as the tapco T6 then it would be around the 200 to 250 range in price. The posters above I believe are thinking back to the days when you could get the SKS new for 100-150, but that is no longer the case. New unissued Yugoslavian SKSs are going for 200 now and do not have the chrome bores that the Norincos have. The Tapco T6 is considered by SKS folks to be one of the best aftermarket stocks if you are going for the tactical feel, so although the collectors might not like it (they wouldnt anyway unless it was a rare norinco) folks that like the reliability and cheap ammo of the sks might like it.

Tell your friend to put $200.00 on it and throw it on gunbroker or one of the other auction sites and I bet someone picks it up if it isnt beat to hell.

Crap rolls downhill often with opinions of the SKS. AR folks poo-poo on AKs, and the AK crowd poo-poos on the SKS.