bordem & dremel

I know this isnt very original looking..

but I was sitting around bored, nothing on tv...

looked down at my remote & thought - The battery cover looks like the size "holes" I would want in my handguard....

I figured it would give me something new to look at until my parts show up.

308_hand_guard.jpg

308_hand_guard_2.jpg

Now excuse me as I go dig this piece of plastic out of my eye, remember kids - always wear safety glasses

Edited by racerboy6996

Will it still change all your TV channels? :rolleyes:

Aside...

This does it!!! I'm going to do my carrier on my .308 to get it "in the white" -I like that look.

Lollygagger :unsure: (Guess I'll have to use jeweler's polish & friction to get the effect. What the hell! It's just elbow grease.)

Edited by lollygagger
Will it still change all your TV channels? :rolleyes:

Aside...

This does it!!! I'm going to do my carrier on my .308 to get it "in the white" -I like that look.

Lollygagger :unsure: (Guess I'll have to use jeweler's polish & friction to get the effect. What the hell! It's just elbow grease.)

I followed a post from an AK47 forum advising how to get the in the white look...

their advice was to use blue & rust remover. This worked (a little). Then I used mineral spirits & very fine steel wool. After that used Never Dull. And a lot of elbow grease.

Looks good, now you can just turn off the TV with your .308-----permanently! :killer:

Don't look at your wife while your bored and have a dremel around :devil:

Lollygagger, check with Pistonring8 on the whitening, he does quickly and painlessly with a bead blaster (I think). Maybe he can give you some pointers and save you alot of work?

Why not just use some paint stripper to make the bolt white?

i thought using the mineral spirits would act like paint stripper. It did on one of my mosins. Also I have always seen blue & rust remover take paint off easily. The paint on the bolt carrier was really on there. Halfway thru my removal process I was regretting using the process I had chosen.

But as soon as I was finished I was happy with I had done it.

Edited by racerboy6996

The cuts on that stock look good. It gives it an "AK" look but retains the sleek "vepr" look too. And more importantly... Its original!

Hey, that bolt carrier came out nice too. I dont mind glass beading anyone elses for them if they want to mail it to me, I can do it the same day and mail it back. Glass bead blasting is nice, it gets in all of the little nooks and crannies (like your stamped numbers) and doesent take off anything but the finish. Mine took about 2 minutes in the cabinet. All I had to do was rub it down with a little rubbing compound to bring out the gloss in the steel. A polishing wheel on your dremmel with a little Turtle Wax "polishing compound" would bring the shine up to look like nickel plate.

Why not just use some paint stripper to make the bolt white?

i thought using the mineral spirits would act like paint stripper. It did on one of my mosins. Also I have always seen blue & rust remover take paint off easily. The paint on the bolt carrier was really on there. Halfway thru my removal process I was regretting using the process I had chosen.

But as soon as I was finished I was happy with I had done it.

After making that post I used some paint stripper on the barrel and receiver of my rifle, and noticed something - It doesn't work! I mean, It took a little of the paint off of it, but not very much, and I tried it twice. I was doing this in preparation for GunKote, but after the stripper would take the paint off, I figured it wouldn't hurt to spray the gunkote on over it. It looks great now.