Drums in action thread

Just to make sure everyone realizes that the gun had just got out of my garage:

The hiccup is from me getting some matte textured "paint" on spots where I shouldn't have, which significantly reduced the velocity of the bolt. After converting the gun, I realized that the action was a lot rougher than it used to be. If you look at the first few shells ejected (especially the first), they aren't thrown as far as the rest. I didn't cycle the gun completely, because I saw the old shell had been ejected, and the bolt had ahold of a live round.

The drum did its job (feeding the round (#4)) fine. The gun was wearing off paint that got on the bolt's guide rails, which is a reliability issue caused by my carelessness, and has nothing to do with the drum. The action is smoother now that it's been fired, and I need to do some MolyResin removal with my Dremel this weekend.

This is me attempting to bump fire the beta drum in mavrick160's brand spankin new IZ-109 we just finished converting that day....it didn't happen as planned so I just rapid fired the rest. :rolleyes: I don't know why I stopped near the end...lol...maybe I thought "surely that must be all this baby holds at one time....NOT! heheheh"

It's nice being able to take a quick glance and see how many you still have left. :smoke:

http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd210/C...nt=MOV03505.flv

Oh yeah he's just fine. Still growing I think....

He finally got over being gun shy and now ya have to watch him to make sure he stays out of the way...lol. He likes to go check out the target and smell the powder on it. :rolleyes: