Who makes this grip?

Who makes this grip? It look like a Magpul MIAD, but I can't confirm it. Also, the forend looks like a Tapco Galil with the rail kit. Sound about right?

I'm in the process of ordering mine through CGW and am going to do some additions when it gets here.

Thanks, and I apologize in advance if this pic comes through too big.

untitled.jpg

Take a close look at that pic... using that adapter moves your trigger finger back about 3/4". I found it very uncomfortable, as I had to really stretch out my finger in order to reach the trigger.

Yeah, I just noticed that. I am holding my AR right now to see if that would be a problem. Thanks for the heads up.

Next question is what kind of rail is that? I thought it was a Tapco, but it looks too long for that and too short for a ultimak.

Edited by hallboss
Take a close look at that pic... using that adapter moves your trigger finger back about 3/4". I found it very uncomfortable, as I had to really stretch out my finger in order to reach the trigger.

Yeah, I just noticed that. I am holding my AR right now to see if that would be a problem. Thanks for the heads up.

Next question is what kind of rail is that? I thought it was a Tapco, but it looks too long for that and too short for a ultimak.

The handguard is the Tromix galil style guard for the short gas system SBS http://tromix.com/images/8inchLage3w.jpg http://tromix.com/images/saiga-parts/HG3-lrg.jpg Not sure about the rail as many rails can be modified to fit.

Edited by Superhawk138
You know I was looking into doing the very same conversion on both of my Saiga's. that Magpul stock is badass looking and that grip looks righteous.

I completely agree, thats why I am asking all these questions. I found the sight, and the other parts. The only problem is that barrel is 12.5" and I live in Commiafornia. The shortest barrel I can have legally is 18."

You know I was looking into doing the very same conversion on both of my Saiga's. that Magpul stock is badass looking and that grip looks righteous.

I completely agree, thats why I am asking all these questions. I found the sight, and the other parts. The only problem is that barrel is 12.5" and I live in Commiafornia. The shortest barrel I can have legally is 18."

That rail isn't a kit.

You should talk to E-Tac about the gun if you want to know the exact parts, that's Esteban's early work.

The CAA UPG is simular and they have one made for the AK, so I assume that it would have better ergonomics.

Thanks

Which brings me to my next question, I know that some "AK" parts will mount to the S12, but how about a forend. I assume no since everyone here is running only forends that are available for the S12 specifically.

Edited by hallboss

The Ace AR grip adapter sucks for the magpul MIAD. If you look at the MIAD, it has a second hole the almost makes it work for AKs if you don't use the handweb backstrap. I am currently fitting one to my S12, so I will try and post the results. The MIAD is an awesome grip.