High Capacity Magazines

I've heard of, and seen, extended high capacity magazines for several types of handguns. I think someone in the 762 forum mentioned a 30 Berretta magazine?

Does anyone know where to find these? It would be particularly helpful if anyone knew of extended magazines for the CZ75.

I'm going to do some looking on my own, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for information here also. Thanks in advance.

many pistols have 30 rounders made for them. I dotn think there were very many cz75 high cap mags imported, due to the AWB, but now that its gone, they might actually import some. you might be better off just making a new mag body out of sheet metal, and finding a replacement spring for another 30 rounder at this point.

CZ75's have thier own mag type right? I mean they cant take a standard mag type?

The mag for the CZ75 looks a lot like a Beretta mag, but the facotry originals are cheap enough that it might make sense stick a few of them together. I haven't actually tried any other magazines in it, so I may have to take my pistol over to a gun shop and see if other mags actually fit. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Pistonring8, I had forgotten that Cabela's carried those until you mentioned it. I remember seeing extended magazines in a catalog of theirs. I'll go take a look. Thanks again.

Checked Cabella's website, they didn't show any as available there. Also checked Cheaper than Dirt: not what I was loooking for, but very cool all the same. I think my next handgunpurchase is going to be a wide-body 1911. It would be interesting to have a 20 round mag for it. Just for the sake of having it that is. I'm not sure how incredibly useful it would actually be. Maybe attach a wrap-around handgaurd to the protruding part of the magazine and use it as a place to put my other hand? That would be... well, I'm not sure what that would be. Although it would be very useful for a pistol caliber carbine, except that thompson mags are cheaper (I think) and higher capacity. For 45 ACP or maybe even 10mm, it might work. But for now I'll leave that to the realm of fanciful musings, and possibly another post later. ; )

Oh, still working on the feasability of adapting Berreta mags, I'll keep you posted though.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Wolverine, I appreciate the link.

As I saw, they only have mags for 9mm though. I think, not sure just think, that the 9mm magazines and the 40 S&W magazines are interchangeable. I'd like to see if I can find one to do a side-by-side comparison with. I may actually just bring the pistol in question along to the next gunshow I go to, incase I find any.

Oh, and about the double stack 45 magazines/pistols: I love them! Of course, I have pretty big hands also. Still looking for an affordable wide-body 1911. I have seen and contemplated the Rock Island guns, but don't have the funds right now.

I also checked out some berreta magazines more closely. They aren't even close. Ah, such is life.

• 2 weeks later...

Good links up there. I've got 5 15rnd mags for my CZ75 SA. But, bigger is always better. :super:

I've already got +3 basepads for my Para P-14 .45 mags, a couple of them I can squeeze 18rnds into.

BTW, based on what jon eli said on the first reply, is it illegal to join rifle mags together? Like Saiga .308 mags maybe? Not that I'm not going to jump on Daewoo's product as soon as he releases them, but just wondering. I know that 8 round mags are getting harder to come by and getting pricey. But, I own 10 of them and when Daewoo's 20's are available I could either sell a few...Or make a crazy hi-cap stick by joining some of them together somehow, those springs are pretty long and could also be joined together somehow...hmmmm. :smoke:

Not any longer than a Galil mag or anything of course.

Also, you'd have to tweak the follower opening on the .40 rnd mags so the smaller 9mm bullets would stay in the mag. I've owned both 9mm and .40 cal CZ's, the 9mm mags are slightly smaller. Also, the CZ mags are pretty much interchangalbe with TZ's, EAA Witness, Baby eagles and a couple of others. I wouldn't suggest buying anything except 'CZ' mags though unless you can try them, or know for sure they'll till.

Edited by AK-treO8

Thanks AK-tre08. I had a suspiscion that the followers were different, but are the actual magazine bodies different? I ask because if I am remembering correctly the 40 S&W has the same over-all loaded length as the 9mm Para. It would make sense for them to use the same mag-body for as many similar chamberings as possibly IMHO. On that note, I'm pretty sure that 10mm and 45ACP have the same loaded length too. Anyone know for certain?

I don't think the dimensions of the tube are different just the top opening. I think it's possible to reshape a .40 mag to accomadate 9mm but I don't know if you can go the other way.

Too bad nobody makes these for CZ's. I've never seen or heard of any.

http://www3.mailordercentral.com/shootings...s.asp?dept=1202

or

http://www.dawsonprecision.com

Edited by AK-treO8