So i bought this VG/FL holder for my S12 and i have NO IDEA what kind of light to get. How bright...do i want to BLIND them? Im not sure what flashlights this FL holder actually works with...help me out here guys. WOW i feel like an moran....

post-5645-1224645819_thumb.jpg

Edited by sicktooth

Well that holds a 1" light correct? I would look at surefire and anything 200 lumens or brighter. One of the advantages of having a light is for one...to see, the other is to temporarily blind an opponent. To me, anything that doesn't blind, is a target...

Just my .02

Edited by hallboss
ya that's a 1" holder. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to actually purchase to make it WORK...its got my kinda confused....

Any 1" Flashlight with a pressure switch?

Yes, any 1' light with a TAILCAP pressure switch if you want to use the push button on the back of the holder. Remote pressue switch if you want to use the side switches.

These days, you can get extremely bright LED lights that are ideal for mounting on small arms. Wolf Eyes High Output LED lights are very good for the money. Look at the P7-M90 Rattlesnake for retina searing brightness, or the Cree Q5 LED M90 Rattlesnake for merely blinding brightness. Both are available with pressure switch tailcaps.

If you already have a Surefire G2 or 6P light, you can purchase an aftermarket lamp assembly that gives you 256 lumens of blinding white light from TNVC (Tactical Night Vision Company). If you don't have one yet, you can purchase the light with the upgraded lamp assembly installed by them. They also have multi-function tailcap switches for the various models of Surefire flashlights.

Here's a linky: TNVC

I put a green laser in mine when I had it, that worked pretty good!

Talk about Blinding,..

fell out when I went shooting though, boing boing, the end of that mount does not attach to any rail and ,,... for me anyway,... bounced up and and down with heavier loads,.. till the laser bounced out on the ground.