Replacement Firing Pin?

I recently picked up a Saiga 12 off of Gun broker, and was out doing my first firing of it...

And the firing pin tip snapped off after only putting 32 shells (25 light Birdshot loads, 5 low recoil slugs, and 2 00 buck) through it!

So, since it is a kinda funky looking 2 part firing pin... And I haven't had any luck finding a replacement on the intarwebz, I was hoping that someone could point me to a place where I could a replacement?

I would greatly appreciate any help you gentlemen and ladies could give.

Thanks!

I recently picked up a Saiga 12 off of Gun broker, and was out doing my first firing of it...

And the firing pin tip snapped off after only putting 32 shells (25 light Birdshot loads, 5 low recoil slugs, and 2 00 buck) through it!

So, since it is a kinda funky looking 2 part firing pin... And I haven't had any luck finding a replacement on the intarwebz, I was hoping that someone could point me to a place where I could a replacement?

Thanks!

Try and give Gunfixr a pm. He made some replacement firing pins a few months ago.

Thanks!

Try and give Gunfixr a pm. He made some replacement firing pins a few months ago.

Cool, thanks for the info!

Look guys, Very Few pins BREAK in these guns.

I ordered 2 firing pins through Gunfixr as I had purchased 2 used S12s that had missing pins. (One was a Range Rental gun) It's Not a big deal. No these parts aren't readily available because there isn't a big demand for replacement parts since these things don't break.

If your gun's pin breaks, and you are scared of having that happen, send it to me, I'll pay what I payed for the last two I bought with missing pins. $150 each.

OR you can figure it out. It wasn't an expensive venture to get a new pin from gunfixr, and they've held up just fine. I even found a readily available source of Springs for the Firing pin. FORAY 0.5 Ballpoint pens. The spring works great.

Hi vitae drinker,

Is it possible to post a picture of this broken firing pin. You say that it is in 2 pieces. The Saiga 12 has a 2 piece firing

pin. A stiker and a the actual firing pin.

Your post got me worried so I am having a friend of mine make me a couple of pins out of titanium just in case mine breaks.

beagle12

Except for mags, I don't think RAA is importing any parts (which is just stupid). Obviously as some of these Saigas fall out of circulation, Numrich will start carrying parts, but that'll be years from now. Perhaps a sticky here to show who carries/makes which replacement parts would be helpful? A lot of the parts are AK parts, but obviously stuff like the firing pin are different on the Saiga.

RAA is definately importing more than mags. I purchased a 109 tube from them a few months ago (but typically, you have to buy via a distributor unless it's warranty related). I don't know what they have in stock, but it's easy to find out with a phone call ( ;

Really, it's that simple to find out and they seem to be good friendly folks.

kingarmory.com, are you a new business member? Looks like you have some things to offer :rolleyes:

Edited by 6500rpm
Hi vitae drinker,

Is it possible to post a picture of this broken firing pin. You say that it is in 2 pieces. The Saiga 12 has a 2 piece firing

pin. A stiker and a the actual firing pin.

Your post got me worried so I am having a friend of mine make me a couple of pins out of titanium just in case mine breaks.

beagle12

Sure.

IMGP1318.jpg

The red is what I think is missing.

BoltAssembly-1.jpg

You are correct, The red is missing. Contact Gunfixer for an inexpensive solution to your dilemma. While uncommon, parts do break even on our guns. Be thankful it's not a Benelli, you may have to find replacement parts every month :lolol:

• 4 weeks later...