Good luck, I was in the same predicament until just a few hours ago.

I missed out on the $299 Classic Arms Saigas, ordered one from Centerfire only to be told a week later that it had been backordered, couldn't find them anywhere else. Saw one on GunBroker for $299 and used the Buy It Now option, hopefully when I call them tomorrow it won't have already been sold.

Centerfire systems looks like the website I was on. Says sold out now.

I really want to buy a saiga, but the prices are starting to tick me off, seems like they are all over the board.

Izhamash has raised their prices considerably on the last batch imported into the country. The cheaper ones were leftovers from the previous batch. Gun sales just prior to election reached an all time high. Most suppliers are out of stock, and don't know when they will be replenished, if at all.

If you can find one, buy it. You won't loose money even if you have to spend upwards of $400 or better. Once Obama and his minions sign into law the assault rifle ban, you'll be lucky to find one at any price.

I was lucky in the fact that I live close to Centerfires physical location and that I caught them right when they got the last shipment in. Talking to the guy at the counter he said that if I had waited till the next week they would probably be sold out, which they were by hearing from others.

I would suggest buying now if you want anything 'evil black rifle' like, even an SKS. My uncle was at Buds Gun shop which is a pretty popular retailer and he said the retail store was completely sold out of EBRs except for a few hi point carbines and a 2400 dollar colt AR carbine.

BTW, I have a hi point carbine and its a fun gun.. :)