I just finished doing the conversion on my 7.62x39, which included installing a Tapco trigger group.

Upon putting it all together, I found that the original pin that held the trigger in place would come out with very little pressure, and I felt really leery about it all holding together under fire. I don't know if I made the holes larger somehow, or damaged the pin.... at any rate, it comes out VERY easily.

So.... I took a Chicago post screw, pushed it through the Tapco assembly (it -just- squeezes through the short steel tube) and secured it on the other end.

It feels pretty solid. Not especially attractive, but as I always tell people "This is Kalishnikov. Is not for hang over mantlepiece. Is for fighting imperialists. You want for hang over mantlepiece, what is wrong with picture of mother?"

What do you think? Is this going to blow my face off when I fire it?

They go on the inside of the reciever, against the wall. The pins have a little groove for them. I'll try to find a pic.

There are a few different options, we sell a "shepard's crook style", but there are plate-style ones, and some guys use "E" clips.

TSC.jpg

Are you sure you have it in correctly? The end notch goes into the groove in the hammer pin, and it rocks down until the center groove is sitting in the trigger pin. At this time, the hole should be lined up with the hole where the end of the safety lever goes into the receiver opposite the lever, under the scope rail. This holds it in place, and neither the hammer nor trigger pin will come out, although they can still rotate.

Chicago screws are often, if not mostly, made of aluminum, and hollow fairly deeply. They are not strong enough to stay straight for long time use as an AK trigger pin. After firing, when the bolt carrier comes back and pudhes the hammer to the rear, it hits the trigger with a fair amount of force, and will eventually bend a Chicago screw. Also, since one of the receiver holes is larger than the other, the whole thing, trigger, disconnector, and all can move around some in the receiver, possibly causing accidental discharges or uncontrolled firing.