alternate mag idea...

well, i tend to lurk, but i decided to see what you guys thought of converting say...a .303 british magazine from an enfield to a .410 saiga mag? they have a comparable size, desgined for use with rimmed cartridges, of comparable length.

i have looked a mag over, and i THINK one could bend the enfield mag to fit the well, add some mag catches, a set the cartridge guide so it would feed, the geometry seems to look like it is alot alike really....i want to get some aftermarket enfield mages, and mod them how i think i would work, if it did, it may yeild a greater round count, in a smaller package aswell, if not, it could be set to hold less in a single stack configration, but still...if no more imports, atleast a mag could be made.

a comparaison of a .303 brit FMJ round and a S&B 3in shell equals.....

.303 being three and a quater inches....

and the S&B 3in shell being....about two and three quaters.

the rims are almost identical in width and circumfrence

They are very similar in shape, but I havent found any for under $20 and with that you could get 2-4 rounders from cdnn and fuse them, and they would definitely fit.

We need a rotary 20 rounder for the 410, something like they have for the 10/22's

that would be sweet.

*shrug* what im looking towards is the fact they may be hard to get for a while :) just trying to be prepared, being a Scout and all lol

I hear ya, and before you mentioned it I would have never realized the similarities between the two mags, it is quite surprising that two very different guns and cartridges could even have a similar component. I wish a domestic manufacterer would fill the void.

it would be nice.... either way, ill keep trying to find a couple and work on it, if nothing else, and they WILL be around, ill have an extended cap mag in a smaller area that costs to much, and would be time consuming to produce LOL :) either way, ill be happy

Has anyone tried any box mags from any old bolt action shotguns? I don't know how available they are and most of them will only be 3 rnds but they are already fit to the ammo( 410, 20,and 12)

I just thought of this because I have, as my first gun ever, a 410 bolt action shotgun. You would need tabs at the front and back but they should fit into the reciever.