Shipping your own firearms to yourself in another state

even on a temporary basis, I was thinking about sending a pistol FedEx to the hotel we're going to be staying at in New York over thanksgiving. What the point of having a CCW, going to New York City, and leaving your protection at home. I don't know FedEx's position on that though.

even on a temporary basis, I was thinking about sending a pistol FedEx to the hotel we're going to be staying at in New York over thanksgiving. What the point of having a CCW, going to New York City, and leaving your protection at home. I don't know FedEx's position on that though.

People like you are just the reason that laws are so difficult to change.

Not only does New York have NO reciprocity (hence FELONY) with any other state, NYC requires special permission from Police Commissioner ON TOP OF POSESSING a NYS Pistol Permit.

And, yes, I have that ... the holy grail, a NYC License to Carry Concealed, so I do know what had to be done to get it.

I may not agree with the laws, but I do have to abide by them, otherwise the anti-gunners have all the reasons they need and we will never get anything changed.

People like you are just the reason that laws are so difficult to change.

Not only does New York have NO reciprocity (hence FELONY) with any other state, NYC requires special permission from Police Commissioner ON TOP OF POSESSING a NYS Pistol Permit.

And, yes, I have that ... the holy grail, a NYC License to Carry Concealed, so I do know what had to be done to get it.

I may not agree with the laws, but I do have to abide by them, otherwise the anti-gunners have all the reasons they need and we will never get anything changed.

I recomend lawyers.

Lawyers help make things happen in NY. Whats more lawyers are the only profession i know of where you want them to be dirty. I was relieved when my lawyer was a coke-head for my 20+ in a workzone(ie: double fine), and true to form it was reduced to a parking on pavement ticket!

Heres $100 to candy your nose up buddy! have fun!