Buying a Hornady LNL AP - recommendatios?

Hey all, I've decided to buy a Hornady LNL AP reloader due to the lower cost than the Dillon. I've heard good things and it's supposed to be easier to switch between calibers as well as cheaper, plus they are offering 1000 free bullets with the purchase. Anyway, I've never reloaded before and I'm looking to start reloading 5.56mm, and maybe some 40S&W, 9mm and 7.62X39 if the economics look good. I'll probably start loading either .308 or .30-06 in the future as well as .45 ACP as I have some plans for these rounds. I don't have any equipment or experience and I'm looking for recommendations on dies, trimmers, tumberlers/media, etc. Basically, I need and want to buy everything up front and want quality but not necessarily the most expensive.

Does anyone have the LNL AP? What will I need to buy to get rolling?

Also, any recommendations for places to buy brass, bullets, primers, etc.? Thanks!

Shit, if I would have known...:rolleyes:

I got a NIB Hornady L-n-L sitting under my bench that I never opened for about five years now. :cryss:

Anyway, Hornady dies most likely, Midway USA's usually the cheapest there. :up:

For brass and bullets, check out Gunbroker or EGay. Usually can find deals there. For new brass & bullets, Midway or Mid South.

Powder & primers, buy at gun shop close to home (unless you buy lots). Hard to justify $20 HazMat fee. :eek:

Use NexTag or MySimon to look for best prices on trimmers and tumblers. Mid South (I believe?) has a good deal on a tumbler now ($29.00 (or less?) if I remember correctly?). :unsure:

BTW - there's no such thing as "cheap" reloading. If you're like most reloaders (me?) you'll have a loading desk full of shit that you hardly ever use. It's like the firearms addiction. :up:

Hey all, I've decided to buy a Hornady LNL AP reloader due to the lower cost than the Dillon. I've heard good things and it's supposed to be easier to switch between calibers as well as cheaper, plus they are offering 1000 free bullets with the purchase. Anyway, I've never reloaded before and I'm looking to start reloading 5.56mm, and maybe some 40S&W, 9mm and 7.62X39 if the economics look good. I'll probably start loading either .308 or .30-06 in the future as well as .45 ACP as I have some plans for these rounds. I don't have any equipment or experience and I'm looking for recommendations on dies, trimmers, tumberlers/media, etc. Basically, I need and want to buy everything up front and want quality but not necessarily the most expensive.

Does anyone have the LNL AP? What will I need to buy to get rolling?

Also, any recommendations for places to buy brass, bullets, primers, etc.? Thanks!

Go to Natchez shooters supply, They have the new L-N-L in stock. I can't say enough about the quality of Hornady equipment. Also buy the media separator that's fully enclosed. Really cuts down on the dust. http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?conte...dia%20Separator

'jrmy_1'

I have reloaded on and off for over 40 years. I have read a lot of articles and this is one of the best for a beginner. I hope it helps you in some way.

louielouie

Thanks Louie! Great info. I appreciate the help. I'm ordering "The ABCs of Reloading" and I'm going to the library to pick up an old version to read before I order equipment.

Go to Natchez shooters supply, They have the new L-N-L in stock. I can't say enough about the quality of Hornady equipment. Also buy the media separator that's fully enclosed. Really cuts down on the dust. http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?conte...dia%20Separator

I must have missed them because it's saying they're out now :ded: