ugh, guess my eyes suck

I gambled on a cheap red-dot for my S12 awhile ago. Havent played with it now.

Here are some shots of it while on:

jptutl.jpg

x5oxlj.jpg

w6w8ci.jpg

2qu18va.jpg

111t4l4.jpg

2saaxc6.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/2zgb7mf.jpg

The further away it is the blurry it is. Up close the dot is very chrisp. Its always very bright. Its either all the way on or off.

When aiming on anything dark there is a weird little hue under the dot.

Funny thing is, when Im not looking through the camera, what I see looks nothing like what the camera shows.

I've had the same thing with Aimpoints but not to this degree. There will be a little bleeding around the dot but I can still tell where the dot really is.

With this theres no way. All I see is red bleeding even in those up close shots :(

Guess I have a pretty bad astigmatism or something?

I have two of the C-More sights on my AR's. I also like the Eotech. They are both tough and work very well even if abused. I chose the C-More for my AR's because it comes mounted on an altered AR carry handle with the rear sight so I did not have to buy the rear iron sight seperate.

The Eotech's holographic system eliminates the eye relief issue; the dot/ring always looks the same no matter how close or far you are from it.

For little HUD sights I like the Docter, but like most things in life, quality is expensive.

A lot of guys go to the EoTech as they get older. That cheap red dot may be the biggest part of the problem.

I've owned 14 of these that eventually ended up looking like that.

1) the battery was dead when you purchased it on the long trip from Chinese port

2) it is broken from recoil

3) the high level of Chinese quality control let that one "slip through"

Eotech

Aimpoint

Doctor

C-More

when you purchase the next two or three of those and they break, you would still have a working optic from the list above and have spent the same money (if you didn't waste ammo zeroing that chinese site) :)

Edited by twinhairdryers
Eotech

Aimpoint

Doctor

C-More

when you purchase the next two or three of those and they break, you would still have a working optic from the list above and have spent the same money (if you didn't waste ammo zeroing that chinese site) :)

Error!

Docter doesn't last too well. ;) I have 3 Docters. One on S12 (fixed once after 150 rounds), another on IPSC modified CZ SP-01 (fixed twice within 600rounds) and third on Remington 1100 (blinking three times within 1000rounds). And all of those are indestructible Docter 2+. Plus they fail you down on competitions! :ded: It's rather easy to fix though... Just solder the mass free cable back and use something to clue/jam the cable from moving during recoil.

Put OKO on that list. ;) On pistol, on rifle, on carbine it just keeps on going.

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

Yep, it sounds like astigmatism. If I look through a red dot sight, the dot looks like a red bar, not a dot. When I put my prescription shooting glasses on, it goes back to a dot and all is well. As far as I know, astigmatism doesn't change with time like some other eye problems (and I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong) so you can get lenses ground to take care of your little distortions and they will last a long time unless you sit on them. With polycarbonate lenses, you are all set for visual clarity and eye protection.

Not a big deal.